buff

chew

slew and slew jr +2

shootnstr8

skeeter164 +2 or 3

1shotmedic + 1

kurdawg, dropemchick, and weston

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
        fify, its looking alot better for us coming up. Is there anything we can bring?

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
          4 gal peanut oil for the fryers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Just saw this I must have overlooked it. Will do, put me down for the oil.

Comment

So i know there is alot more people who fry fish on here besides me and been doing it alot longer. But has anyone else tried soaking their fish fillets in Frank's Red hot sauce and eggs before battering them? I learned it a few years ago and it is AWESOME! normally just do it with bass and catfish but its great with crappie also.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              so I need a big cake that will feed 40 people two times
              I will bring some dessert stuff too. Like cookies etc or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                So i know there is alot more people who fry fish on here besides me and been doing it alot longer. But has anyone else tried soaking their fish fillets in Frank's Red hot sauce and eggs before battering them? I learned it a few years ago and it is AWESOME! normally just do it with bass and catfish but its great with crappie also.
                We soak ours in Louisiana hot sauce or mustard. I like it either way. Some people mix the two together but I havent tried it that way yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  so I need a big cake that will feed 40 people two times

No. Just saying whatever we don’t eat Fri we can eat Sat. Don’t go overboard. I’m bringing some as well.

Comment

I always soak in franks and mustard. Never tried egg.

Comment

I slice my fillets lengthwise into strips, coat with hot sauce and yellow mustard and shake in fish fry and drown in peanut oil after that! Done it that way for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        I slice my fillets lengthwise into strips, coat with hot sauce and yellow mustard and shake in fish fry and drown in peanut oil after that! Done it that way for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for volunteering to cook Sat Chef Slew!!

Comment

Thanks for volunteering to cook Sat Chef Slew!!

If I wasn't cooking I would be standing there getting in the way of folks that were! That's how I roll!!!

Comment

I always soak in franks and mustard. Never tried egg.

I've always used eggs since I was a kid. It makes the batter stick better and keep your chicken and fish more moist inside IMO.

Comment

I've always used eggs since I was a kid. It makes the batter stick better and keep your chicken and fish more moist inside IMO.

Bring some eggs and you can show us some of this witchcraftery!

Comment

I'm assuming this will turn into an annual thing? Date was bad for me this year, but will be definitely interested next year!! Be safe and catch em all!

Comment

Working...
                                X