Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife’s new business adventure

After convincing her to leave her old
    Job in marketing and occupational therapy due to toxic ownership and other issues with owners / managers not keeping their word, she has started her own gig. She’s always wanted to do something creating custom gifts for folks among other things.

So far she has taken on baking cupcakes, cookies and selling custom gift baskets for any occasion.

She’s been surprisingly busy doing this while also substitute teaching at boys school. In one weekend she baked 16 dozen cupcakes.

It’s been an adjustment but the stress level for her has been greatly reduced and changed.

Had to come brag on her a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We wish her well and good fortune!

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Very cool! I'll have to get with ya',and get her to put something together for cyn's birthday in December.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            Very cool! I'll have to get with ya',and get her to put something together for cyn's birthday in December.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Let me know and I’ll get you in touch with her. The way she’s been doing things, you give her a budget and some ideas of what she likes or anything specific you want included and she puts a basket or gift together for you. Of course she will send details ahead of time for approval.

Comment

Good deal

Comment

way to go ……………...

Comment

Talented! Very nice

Comment

Good deal. That baking can be a chore. My wife last year perfected a cookie recipe and decorates cookies by hand. To spare a long story, she was sometimes up until 2-3am finishing up cookies, and it made for a long day. I’ve told my wife to get a schedule and to stop taking “rush orders,” and its helped, but last week she baked and decorated 6-dozen cookies for one of the elementary schools. Tell your wife good luck and, oh, charge a competitive price, as my wife isn’t....

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                      Good deal. That baking can be a chore. My wife last year perfected a cookie recipe and decorates cookies by hand. To spare a long story, she was sometimes up until 2-3am finishing up cookies, and it made for a long day. I’ve told my wife to get a schedule and to stop taking “rush orders,” and its helped, but last week she baked and decorated 6-dozen cookies for one of the elementary schools. Tell your wife good luck and, oh, charge a competitive price, as my wife isn’t....

That was one thing I did make sure of. Being in sales myself, I know margins are everything. If you sell it for $2 but it cost $2.25 to make, it’s not a good sell. Not every sale will be a good sale if you don’t protect your margins.

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                        That was one thing I did make sure of. Being in sales myself, I know margins are everything. If you sell it for $2 but it cost $2.25 to make, it’s not a good sell. Not every sale will be a good sale if you don’t protect your margins.

Amen

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Very nice

Thanks!

Comment

PM Sent

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment