No announcement yet.

Morning or Evening Hunt, preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** son ever heard of the search function? And evenings are better because of what FND mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Evening...as time passes, it gets better.

Morning...as time passes, it gets worse.
      This was going to be my exact response. In the evening I’m focused until the last possible second of shooting light. In the morning if I don’t see much the first 30-45 minutes I get discouraged and fidgety.

Comment

Evening always. But it is 1:30 to where I hunt and I do not spend the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Morning. Always hate cleaning deer after dark.

Comment

Depends where I am hunting. Typically I love the mornings and watch the world wake up. If in East TX Middle of the night. Good full moon. With a good shoulder to park on.

Comment

Mornings, for tracking purposes and temperatures.

Comment

I prefer evenings.

Comment

I have never killed a big buck in the morning. I have seen decent deer in the morning but where I hunt it just seems 10x better in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    **** son ever heard of the search function? And evenings are better because of what FND mentioned.

Pfft, why in the world would I do that if I can take a dig at you in a new thread?!

I can go either way on mornings or evenings, just happy to be out in the field most of all...basically I will take what I can get.

Comment

Mornings

Comment

Mornings. Tracking is much easier in the light. I am much more willing to let an animal lie for 2 plus hours before tracking when I do not have to worry about it feeding coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                          I have never killed a big buck in the morning. I have seen decent deer in the morning but where I hunt it just seems 10x better in the evening.
                          The biggest buck I ever had a shot at was in the morning, and the biggest buck I have shot was in the morning as well. So this might be some of my reasoning for preferring a morning hunt.

Comment

Mornings for me. I just like watching the woods wake up. I love evenings too but it never fails that a buck will come out when it’s too late to shoot and I can’t see. That being said, one of my biggest deer ever, I shot at 1:45pm. Mid day in the rut may be my all time fav.

Comment

I prefer mornings.

Comment

morning till about 2 or 3 in the evening

Comment

Working...
                                X