No announcement yet.

Monahans, Tx Deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use to do survey work all along that area. Never once saw any deer mulies or whitetail and I walked miles surveying that country. Not saying they arent there but I never saw any. I did see hogs and javelinas. The only time I saw whitetails were more east towards odessa or southwest towns ft. stockton good luck!

Comment

I work out there all the time. They are there. Biggest deer I have ever seen low fence was down Hwy 1053 about 10 miles south of I-20 about 15 miles east of Monahans in the dunes.

Comment

I used to ride the fields there all the time from my time in the patch and it was rare to see any game. They are out there, but it's nothing like the Hill Country!

Comment

I will go in your place if you want me too Go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
            There ain’t no deer out there! And they definitely won’t ever go to feeders, you’re just wasting your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ranch was this on?

Grew up in this area and been all over it. OP who is your buddy and what piece do they own out here? Depending on which side of town and what area the hunting can be good. There are pockets of deer out here and if you happen to be in an area that holds them they get freaking big. But if your in an area that doesn't then bring a predator call and get after the yotes. There are pigs also in pockets. Some areas hold em and others dont. Really it all depends on where the place is located. If you want more info on whether or not the place is in a good area just let me know.

Comment

Monahans, Tx Deer?

Oh and there are whitetails out here you just have to know where they are at. And population is so low where they are located I wouldnt even think about hunting them.

Some places out here I would drive 8 hrs in a heart beat to hunt. Others I would just stay home. Lots of folks out here like to hunt for deer that just dont exist except when they travel through.

Last edited by westtexducks; 11-22-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I just started working out there haven’t seen any yet

Comment

Very nice deer out there, my buddy just killed a nice whitetail out there.

Comment

I live southwest of Monahans (120 miles or so) in the Davis Mountains and as already been mentioned, it is hit and miss in that area, but there are some mulies out there. Good luck, you have nothing to lose but a weekend in an area you have never been hunting...even if you don't get or even see a deer, you have gotten to hunt someplace different...

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                      I hunt out there. There's tons of hogs out there. It's as flat as can be. Truthfully I've never deer hunted it, my buddy says they have em on cameras down by the river, I mainly go out there for quail.
                      Flat? Lol. You ever hunted the dunes?

What 70k acre ranch was it?

Comment

It's oil field land I can hunt. Know the owners of the company. They have 74k to be exact. We only hunt quail out there. It's in peyote which is right near Monahans. Peyote is flat.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                          What ranch was this on?
                          Just some family land. That buck has become my white whale. But he didn’t get that big and old by walking out in front of a hunter.

Comment

Working...
                          X