Few recent Artifact finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aboud View Post
    All 15' with another 5-8' underneath ground level. It is camps and middens stacked on top of one another. The wall is layered with around 8000 years of occupation
    dang! i guess that made it pretty obvious what you were looking at. surprised it made it this many years without being dug. pretty amazing!

Comment

Yes sir gar guy. This is my new site I just locked up and had only done minor testing leading up to this weekend. I had 26 diggers out this weekend sat and Sunday with 14 screen tables and 2 skid steers running. We moved a massive amount if dirt and recovered 1000s of artifacts. Some folks left with over 5-20 full points each and pocket fulls of brokes. 1 full corner tang and 3 brokes. 1 complete andice with a tip knick and several brokes. Lots of perds and Nolan's and a mixed bag of other types. The week before this dig me and my buddy also dug a 9 blade/preform cache. It's an incredible camp and huge. First one I've ever seen with 15' tall midden piles and acres of camps and middens. Some of the midden piles are the size of homes. Very occupied camp for sure

Looks like you hit the jack pot! Awesome finds. Is this current dig along the Nueces as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Looks like you hit the jack pot! Awesome finds. Is this current dig along the Nueces as well?
        No this one is in williamson county

Comment

That camp will roll out more stuff than you can dream of! Those blades have an Andice preform look to them to me. Fantastic finds.

Comment

Have skid steer will travel.

What an incredible new find you've posted. That cache...are those trade blanks or what do you think?

Comment

Their chances for this being a pay dig? My buddy and I are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                Have skid steer will travel.

What an incredible new find you've posted. That cache...are those trade blanks or what do you think?
                According to dwain Rogers 2 have finished edge work and 7 he called preforms. To me they look like San Gabriel preforms

Comment

According to dwain Rogers 2 have finished edge work and 7 he called preforms. To me they look like San Gabriel preforms
                  They sure are wide and have slightly rounded basal corners. The flat flaking looks interesting too. I wonder if DR considered Andice preforms?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    They sure are wide and have slightly rounded basal corners. The flat flaking looks interesting too. I wonder if DR considered Andice preforms?
                    He never mentioned anything about andice but looking at a few in my buddy's collection I can see what you mean. Many andice have the same look to them.

Comment

For everyone that has asked or messaged me yes this is a pay dig but I am already booked into late September and not accepting new guests at the moment. Plus I can not advertise on this site and do not want my post removed as I plan to continue to show our finds.

Comment

I said this before but you really need to require everyone to take pics of their finds. Even if its just a tailgate group pic. Its amazing what you will forget if you dont. Plus.....We get to see them!

I think i saw that ensor over on a-ology too!

Comment

Yall did great!
                          Thanks for sharing

Comment

A few recent finds from my williamson county site.
                            Attached Files

Comment

There are some really great things coming out of the ground for y'all. That corner tang is awesome!

Comment

Man those are awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X