New help with buying arrows??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New help with buying arrows??

Ok, right now i am shooting Carbon express arrows that are 8.5 grains per inch and they are 250's. I just bumped my poundage to 70lbs, I am looking at carbon express maximas blues but km Looking for an arrow that is fast but still has the ability to get a pass through on a deer. My draw length is also 26 1/2 inch. Should I stay with 250's or go up to 350's?
    Last edited by Crews; 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM.

The maximas should be fine. Shot placement has more to do with pass thru than your arrow selection.

Comment

Just make sure teh arrow is spined for what you need and go a little stiffer on the spine if you are on the edge between 2 spines. If you really want to make sure you get a pass thru or at least the greater possibility of a pass thru, go to a heavier arrow. Heavier beats speed everytime for penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Just make sure teh arrow is spined for what you need and go a little stiffer on the spine if you are on the edge between 2 spines. If you really want to make sure you get a pass thru or at least the greater possibility of a pass thru, go to a heavier arrow. Heavier beats speed everytime for penetration.
        x2. Speed isn't everything

Comment

Carbon express are good arrows, they're a lil overpriced though. And that dual spine technology isn't even true. But yeah the major thing with whatever arrow you shoot, make sure the spine is dead on

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            x2

Comment

Working...
            X