No announcement yet.

Help Bowfishermen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still open to ideals about mounting the reels but another question. What kind of work are you going to have to do with a Bowfishing shaft in order for it to shoot through the crossbow I am particularly wondering about the nock?

Comment

They also have a bowfishing slingshot now!

Comment

Due to limited upper body and over 22.5 years in the military I use a croosbow. Most crossbows require the halfmoon nock or a flat nock. the most comon being the half moon. also on the backwaterbowfishing.com site you will find Muzzy Carbon Crossbow Bowfishing Arrow with (half moon nock & Safety Slide installed). I also use the string cocking device to help in cocking my crossbow. they make a crank but I am not to that point yet.

Comment

Barnett has the RC 150 crossbow which is real light with 150 draw and academy sells it for around 200.00

Comment

. if a crossbow arrow or bolt is the same diameter of my fiberglass fishing arrows can you cut it flush at the knock and shoot it?
            Last edited by Muzzy100; 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

And has anybody been able to mount a 308 reel to a crossbow?

Comment

she going to out shoot you with the crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by jmorton View Post
                  she going to out shoot you with the crossbow
                  thats ok

Comment

or cut it flush and cut some kind of half moon in it any suggestions welcome I NEED HELP with this project I know nothing about crossbows. So this is were I am at I have ordered one and it is coming in I would like to mount a 308 fishing reel to it if that is possible and I need to know how to transform a regular fiberglass bowfishing arrow were it can be shot in the crossbow is all that possible?

Comment

Working...
                    X