For Rage BH shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Rage BH shooters

Do you guys practice with the real heads or the practice heads. The practice heads suck. Reason I ask is when I practice for a hunt, I want to practice with the head I'm going to be using for the real hunt. Common Sense. I've noticed that when you shoot a BH target the o-ring stays in everytime. Pain in the arse. I've also noticed the whistle they make in flight due to looseness in the whole BH itself. What gives? The last thing I need is a broadhead that doesn't perform like it should.

I tried the Rage 2 blade and like you wanted to shoot the real thing. I found by shooting the real head with the practice they don't shoot the same, the blades are loose and make a noise when shot and the blades are hard to keep closed. I don't need all these extra hassle while hunting and will stick with my fixed blades I have confidence in. I know there are plenty on here that love the Rage but not me.

Comment

the whistle is only something the shooter can hear, same concept as a missle. you hear it but they dont.

Comment

I have always used the practice head. As far as the O-ring staying in the target, doesn't matter........ the blades ain't gonna open anyway.

As for the head makeing noise, you will be hard pressed to find one that doesn't. I stood down range and have buddies fire broad heads at a target and never heard any of them until they passed me. Kinda like a jet in the sky....... you see it coming but don't hear it until it passes over.

Shoot the practice head and don't worry. I have not had a single animal walk away from a Rage 2 blade including my buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
          I have always used the practice head. As far as the O-ring staying in the target, doesn't matter........ the blades ain't gonna open anyway.

As for the head makeing noise, you will be hard pressed to find one that doesn't. I stood down range and have buddies fire broad heads at a target and never heard any of them until they passed me. Kinda like a jet in the sky....... you see it coming but don't hear it until it passes over.

Shoot the practice head and don't worry. I have not had a single animal walk away from a Rage 2 blade including my buffalo.
          Couldn't have said it better. Shoot the practice head and you'll be good to go. I too shot a buffalo with the 2 Blade and he travelled all of 25 yards.

Comment

How far was that buffalo you shot @ MM. I'm impressed.

Comment

x2..Rage in the Cage brother

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post

Comment

i have shot 5 deer with rage three bh's. one buck at 48 yards on the money. no problems. gaping wound. blood trail that looked like red rain.

Comment

if you want to shoot the same head you hunt with and its that important to you, just practice with the real deal. new pack of blades is 20 bucks. thats a small price to pay for pease of mind. myself i have never shot the practice head. i take the practice blades out and put new blades in it and use it for hunting. i started using these heads because i was in a jam one weekend before i went hunting and didnt have the bh's i usually shoot. i used them and to tell you the truth i was worried sick. i shot two does that weekend, the holes were nuts! i dont worry anymore. that was two seasons ago and ive shot a dozen different animals with them since. the latest being a 272 pound sow. if you hit'em right its a done deal!

Comment

Working...
                  X