Flood exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
    That's funny

Comment

I never heard of the ear tag law. If even true those tags fall off all the time

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        I never heard of the ear tag law. If even true those tags fall off all the time

Especially when you cut them with a pair of wire pliars.

Ain't nobody ever gonna know about the tag....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Especially when you cut them with a pair of wire pliars.

Ain't nobody ever gonna know about the tag....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
            Now how can I get the number from said tag if he ain't laying down?
            Just like steer wrestling.

Comment

BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
              What?? This is silly... So do we just walk up and see who's name is on the ear tag or just ask the animal where it belongs?
              I get the gist of the whole thing but it's not practical at all..

Comment

If you can’t or won’t control your animals it should be everyone else’s problem. I understand there are unforeseen circumstances, but maybe you should buy a good insurance policy.

Comment

Shoot......remove tags (if any)......take LDP's, post pix (or not) as you see fit.
                  I feel bad for those that might lose animals, but it is, what it is......

As far as that GW taking the dude's Aoudad, there should be more than just a hunch involved in identifying said animal, or that's pure BS, IMHO. Not saying GW can't/won't impose his will, but come on man.....

Comment

In theory, Beto.

Surely they've insured their livestock. The only reason the law has been changed is because someone with money greased some palms. Ridiculous law IMO. Does this mean if someone's escaped elk finds itself in the grill of someone's vehicle said driver can sue the owner?
                    You should be able to, because I can sue you if I hit your cow on the road and exotics are treated like livestock.

Comment

Do ranchers really think they have a chance to get back an escaped animal? I would think it would be long gone. Unfortunately that seems like it would just be a part of the business. We had some black buck escape from a HF place around the corner from us about 7 years ago and one of them was killed on our lease, nobody had a problem with it. We called the GW to let him know. I’ll have my head on a swivel this weekend, something else could’ve escaped off the same place.

Comment

Unless there is a new code where you can get a name and address off an ear tag that reads 24, those tags are useless.

Comment

Not the Hill country but someone posted on a local Springtown page last night that they saw a moose feeding by 199 (no pictures of course). If true it had to have gotten out of someone's game ranch or it is a weird pet to have haha.

Comment

How would a landowner recapture an escaped exotic animal if ownership could be determined? Helicopter?

Comment

They dart them , load them up take them back .

Antlers want to weigh in on this

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                                Shoot......remove tags (if any)......take LDP's, post pix (or not) as you see fit.
                                I feel bad for those that might lose animals, but it is, what it is......

As far as that GW taking the dude's Aoudad, there should be more than just a hunch involved in identifying said animal, or that's pure BS, IMHO. Not saying GW can't/won't impose his will, but come on man.....
                                Loose lips sunk my clients ship (aoudad) he was told by GW to return all parts or face a class c misdemeanor, evidently told the GW it had a tag when he shot it that was his downfall and the clincher. Could he have fought it, probably but maybe not; it was a pretty crappy deal that he had to return it but lots of lessons to be learned from it. SSS is the biggest lesson.....

Comment

Working...
                                X