Fort McKavett/Junction Road Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort McKavett/Junction Road Conditions

We are supposed to make the trip to the lease today. It is located just south of Fort McKavett off of 1674 near Morales Road. I am just wondering if anyone has any insight to road conditions in the area, especially the low water crossing areas. I don't care to make the drive if I can get there. Any information would be appreciated.

subscribed

in for comments. I hunt near that area about 8.5 miles south of you, as the crow flies, North of Roosevelt off Ranch Road 2597. Heading up there Friday morning. It's normally a 5 hour drive, but this weekend its a 6 hour drive for me, pulling the camper up there this trip.
    Good luck this weekend.
    Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 10-09-2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Check drivetexas.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am sure someone in the area will have better detail. Fort McKavett looks to have a few roads north that are not closed but that could change.

This should help.

Comment

1674 seems to be open at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Be safe if you are anywhere around the Llano.

Comment

My guess is that you would be fine on 1674.

Yesterday we came home or tried to come home on CR 245 from the Eldorado side. About half way to Fort McKavett one of the drainages was over the road for a good 100 plus yards and it was moving pretty swiftly. Turned around and tried to take 2596 (think that is the road.) We probably ran into the same drainage there that was roaring over the road. The last try was to head to Sonora which worked.

Obviously, Junction looked bad, but I saw trucks coming off 1674 as we passed it by on I10.

Those drainages usually go down pretty fast, but I don't know if there is any more rain in the forecast for today.
              Last edited by Miller; 10-09-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

You can call Simon Brothers in Roosevelt and ask them....325-446-2604

Comment

Working...
                X