Water or Electricity........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OP is asking the wrong question...

In my mind it’s 20 acres versus 38 acres...

Without pics, I’m choosing the 38.

Since the 38 has a well that works...I’m going that route. You may not be able to hit water at the 20 acres. So what if the 38 can’t get electricity? There’s always solar and/or a generator. Go with the 38.

Comment

keep looking

have your cake and eat it too. resale is factor also.

Comment

I got 30 ac 3 years ago and I chose electricity. I collect rain water for showers & wildlife. I've never had and issue with water supply and that's in the Rocksprings area. We use a composting toilet and have no issues as well.

Comment

Go with the one that has the cabin.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Water without question!

Comment

Electricity is King

Comment

Electricity for me. I can go a long way with gallon jugs of water. And you don’t have to jack with a generator!!

Comment

Spent 6 years on a hill country lease with neither.

Choosing one,
                  Water.

Comment

Water.

You can do anything without electricity but you can’t survive without water.

Comment

Well and more land

Comment

When I bought my land, I bought as much as I could...then I added a cabin, then electricity, then water...and then a tractor. The cabin was a Tuff Shed...still finishing it out 6 years later, but it’s livable.

Buying the right land is the most important. Get as much as you can...then worry about the other stuff.

Comment

Electricity.

Comment

If you buy a place in RS with no cabin, we still have this one.

It's still in great condition, and price would be very negotiable.

Comment

Electricity,,,, I've been hauling water for 8 years, it has never been a problem.

Comment

my 2c... take it for what it is ! as far as a well, mine cost $6k to drill 10 years ago . i'm in west Texas and we had a drought, without a well it would have sucked. the gamble you take on a well is how deep you have to go to reach water, then you find out how many gallons it will yield. So if you plan on living there , it is a very important thing to know .as the cost of the well could be significant. if it's already there and you have a record of how deep it is and what it can draw , it's a plus . if the well doesn't work i would be skeptical as it could have collapsed ... so a working order well should only be considered. moving on to electricity. when i bought my place , there was a pole 500 yards away from my entrance and camp. to put a deer camp the power company told me they wold charge me $10k to extend it to me (poles , labor , etc) They also said that they would do it for free if I actually built a house ... so call your power company first and see what they are willing to do before you make that decision ... I wasn't going to build a house so i ran off generators for a couple of years ... it wasn't bad .. eventually i move my camp by the pole when i got the cash for dozer work to be done anyways. to me these are the variables you need to consider ... all of them cost money , running of generators isn't cheap , but you can get some nice gas one and big tanks and be fine ... water however is another thing all together , you can't control the weather , so a water well is pretty dang nice to have ....

weighing the two from a cost and risk perspective , i'd prefer water over electricity... but that's just me . ultimately the property in general is the main factor for the decision . a small property with ****ty neighbors far outweighs the water /elect dilemma.

good luck on your search .. i hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X