Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a custom rifle for sale? Gunwerx, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kck View Post
    You said it. Reemers aren’t expensive, even if you use it once (in the grand scheme of the build). I’m just still trying to figure out where the other thousands of dollars are coming from.
    I'd guess all tied up in overhead vs the smith that works alone or with a worker or two.

Watching the gunwerks videos they have front office gals, marketing mangers, video folks etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      I'd guess all tied up in overhead vs the smith that works alone or with a worker or two.

Watching the gunwerks videos they have front office gals, marketing mangers, video folks etc etc.

Any pics of the front office gals?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was a little surprised when I got my APR .260 to find out that the gun had not been shot much less tested for accuracy. I was also upset because I ordered a threaded barrel with a brake on it. I even called them to complain while at my FFL receiving the gun where I was told the gun was threaded but the cerakote job they did doesn’t show the separation (yes it’s that good). So I take this unfired gun out to the range and after exactly 30 rounds (first 20 were factory). I’m shooting .2 3 shot groups! Bang for the buck I think that’s going to be really hard to beat. Shot with a guy who had a gunwerks rig and it was a really cool gun but personally I cannot see spending that much unless you just have $ to burn. My 2 cents, I am really happy with my APR and will buy another in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          Any videos of the front office gals?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Fixed your spelling error

Comment

You said it. Reemers aren’t expensive, even if you use it once (in the grand scheme of the build). I’m just still trying to figure out where the other thousands of dollars are coming from.
            You gotta compare apples to apples. You can’t compare a graboe or HS to a manners or McMillan much less a gunwerks or proof research stock. Barrels bought individually vs big batches. APR gets a big price break on these as they buy in batches. Robert tells you this in his post. That’s the goal. Gunwerks prices are insane. Very nice rifles. But I had a guy show up at the range with one going on and on about it. So I put the gun up that I was shooting a got my 7 mag out. He left shortly after he started seeing me swing steel that he kept kissing. That was his shooting error haha. There’s a lot of differences. Even in muzzle devices. I have brakes that are $150+ and done that are $75. Triggers range from $110-350. Bottom metal ranges from $100-400. Mags. Stocks. Barrels. Pillar and glass bedding vs glass/skim bedding. Recoil lugs. Bolt fluting. Extractors. Bolt knobs. Actions. You name it. It will add up quick. There’s smiths that you pay for a name for. Gunwerks. GAP. HCR. All are overpriced. All build good guns. Add on their higher labor costs for the stamp on the barrel and action then include their proprietary stock/action designs(that’s what they say. Gunwerks stocks are McMillan. Gap actions are usually defiance) and you see the price climb fast. Just like a car. My Silverado is just fine. But you can buy the same truck with lots of extras for $20k more.

Comment

Wait, this can't be. If I pay twice as much for some fancy dancy custom rifle surely it's gonna shoot twice as good as a regular custom rifle. Right? It's gonna make me a better shot as well. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Wait, this can't be. If I pay twice as much for some fancy dancy custom rifle surely it's gonna shoot twice as good as a regular custom rifle. Right? It's gonna make me a better shot as well. Right?
                Says Mr barrel of Blasers

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  You gotta compare apples to apples. You can’t compare a graboe or HS to a manners or McMillan much less a gunwerks or proof research stock. Barrels bought individually vs big batches. APR gets a big price break on these as they buy in batches. Robert tells you this in his post. That’s the goal. Gunwerks prices are insane. Very nice rifles. But I had a guy show up at the range with one going on and on about it. So I put the gun up that I was shooting a got my 7 mag out. He left shortly after he started seeing me swing steel that he kept kissing. That was his shooting error haha. There’s a lot of differences. Even in muzzle devices. I have brakes that are $150+ and done that are $75. Triggers range from $110-350. Bottom metal ranges from $100-400. Mags. Stocks. Barrels. Pillar and glass bedding vs glass/skim bedding. Recoil lugs. Bolt fluting. Extractors. Bolt knobs. Actions. You name it. It will add up quick. There’s smiths that you pay for a name for. Gunwerks. GAP. HCR. All are overpriced. All build good guns. Add on their higher labor costs for the stamp on the barrel and action then include their proprietary stock/action designs(that’s what they say. Gunwerks stocks are McMillan. Gap actions are usually defiance) and you see the price climb fast. Just like a car. My Silverado is just fine. But you can buy the same truck with lots of extras for $20k more.
                  I think we’re making the same argument. My point is that your paying for their overhead and a name as I’m sure that all of the big name builders get just as good of a batch discount as APR. The components of a rifle built by me vs. HCR, McWhorter, etc. can match up dead nuts and I’ll be cheaper. Hell, I’ll even write a program and have Trump F’in Sending It on your stock AND action and still beat em.

Comment

I think we’re making the same argument. My point is that your paying for their overhead and a name as I’m sure that all of the big name builders get just as good of a batch discount as APR. The components of a rifle built by me vs. HCR, McWhorter, etc. can match up dead nuts and I’ll be cheaper. Hell, I’ll even write a program and have Trump F’in Sending It on your stock AND action and still beat em.
                    I agreed with you the whole time. And hey. That’s my sticker

Comment

I agreed with you the whole time. And hey. That’s my sticker
                      Yessir, did you say those stickers could be purchased? Now that we’ve completely ****** the OP off and hijacked his thread...

Comment

Yessir, did you say those stickers could be purchased? Now that we’ve completely ****** the OP off and hijacked his thread...
                        Lmao. Yes sir. Pm me

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Any pics videos noods from Reddit of the front office gals?

Asking for a friend.
                          Fixed your spelling error
                          fixed what BI and T8 really were interested in

Comment

Lmao. Yes sir. Pm me
                            Sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              fixed what BI and T8 really were interested in
                              Surely the SAC guys have some talent working the front...or you can come to my shop and I’ll throw on a smedium wife beater for y’all...

Comment

Surely the SAC guys have some talent working the front...or you can come to my shop and I’ll throw on a smedium wife beater for y’all...
                                They **** sure don’t have speed. Close to 9 months on my 8-10 week quoted turnaround for my 6.5 Creed I had built in 2012.

Comment

Working...
                                X