What kind of beans in your chili?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Why don't you just give us the exact recipe for chili? That way we don't mess it up and offend anyone.

So what makes chili so different in competitions? Just different meats and the amount of chili powder?
    Quit being ignorant. Google is your friend. Do some research. I already told you about the invention of Texas chili. There is also a funny story about Terlingua and Wayne Tolberts battle with a yankee. Fyi, I study Texas foods and have for decades. There are books out there. Those peoples opinions have far more weight than a random hunting forumn poster.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      You don't saute cilantro Beto, are you from NM?
      Boy you are missing out. Of course 90% of the time you do not.

Some dishes are excellant with it.

Comment

Here you go creekmouse. Lol. I think I already posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Perfect pot of chili Bisch!

So chili snobs, how many beans turns chili into well not chili?
          Exactly ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I made some gumbo last night. Man was it delicious. Cajun Blake can't compete with this goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I made some gumbo last night. Man was it delicious. Cajun Blake can't compete with this goodness.

I though gumbo had okra in it?

Comment

Bob, you can't help them. I know you're not religious, Bob, but the Bible tells us don't cast your pearls before swine for they'll trample them. You can't give a good chili recipe to these folks....the'll put freaking beans, celery, parsley, cauliflower, and Lord knows what else in there. Don't cast your pearls before swine.

Comment

Quit being ignorant. Google is your friend. Do some research. I already told you about the invention of Texas chili. There is also a funny story about Terlingua and Wayne Tolberts battle with a yankee. Fyi, I study Texas foods and have for decades. There are books out there. Those peoples opinions have far more weight than a random hunting forumn poster.

"Those people's opinions" is the best line. At the end of the day it's all personal preference. I don't care about Terlingua or Wayne Tolbert.

Comment

Here you go creekmouse. Lol. I think I already posted it.

I'm sure the chili inventors had olive oil and beer for their chili. I bet they didn't use ground beef either.
                    Last edited by panhandlehunter; 10-18-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      "Those people's opinions" is the best line. At the end of the day it's all personal preference. I don't care about Terlingua or Wayne Tolbert.
                      See what Curt said. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I'm sure the chili inventors had olive oil and beer for their chili.
                        Those ingredients are acceptable in Terlingua TEXAS. Beans are not. Fact.

Comment

Those ingredients are acceptable in Terlingua TEXAS. Beans are not. Fact.

Acceptable by whose definition? To a chili snob the only right way should be to follow the original recipe. There should be no other way. If olive oil is acceptable then why not beans?

Comment

What kind of beans in your chili?

Finely diced with onions and cilantro.....sauteed before adding the other ingredients to the pot. Very hard to see.

Now that is ridiculous..
                            Last edited by Smart; 10-18-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              There are no jalapeƱos in that chili. They are serranos!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was referencing his talking about seeing green being a problem Emetil[emoji23]

Comment

Im seeing a freaking TBH chili cookoff coming up!

Comment

Working...
                                X