Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow yall had a blast I cant wait to make memories like this with my son

Comment

Garrett only got one green light but made the most of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0549.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	24519307

He said it was more of a fishing trip than a hunting trip which made it even better to him. His fish total was around 20.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	24519308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post

[ATTACH]883791[/ATTACH]

He said it was more of a fishing trip than a hunting trip which made it even better to him. His fish total was around 20.

[ATTACH]883792[/ATTACH]

Looks like he had fun. That's the most important part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post

[ATTACH]883791[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]883792[/ATTACH]

He wore em out!

Comment

That's awesome!!! Thanks for taking us along!!!

Comment

What a great weekend for you guys!

Comment

What a great time! Can't say enough good things about TYHP and all it's volunteers! Except for the strong wind (knocked our tent down a couple times) the weather was great. We had great food all weekend and the boys caught bass the entire time we weren't in the blind, sleeping or eating. 5 boys took 8 doe and 2 bucks. 2 of the hunters got their first harvests this weekend. The place is absolutely overrun with deer.

Even as great as the hunting/fishing was the best part was watching these 5 boys hang out and make new friends. They were constantly ribbing each other over the biggest fish, cheering each other over great shots and playing around all weekend.

Jacob got his doe first thing Saturday morning so all he kept talking about was hunting a big buck after that. Well soon as we got in the blind that Saturday afternoon out stepped this really nice 9 point. I was pretty positive it was mature but facing us and in tall grass I made him wait for probably 30 minutes before I got a good broadside look at him. Sure enough, once I gave him the green light we never get a clean shot after that. After 20 minutes or so a larger rack but younger 8 point comes in and pushes him out. Pretty sure he was 4 years old but he had his heart set on the 9 point and didn't want to shoot the 8. Finally, we ran out of light and had to head back to camp.
                The huntmaster let Jacob come back to the same blind for the last morning's hunt. Before shooting light I could see a mature buck at the feeder and assumed it was his 9 point. As we get more light, I realize it's a bigger 10 point but Jacob couldn't see him clear enough through his scope. After a few minutes the 9 point came in and ran the 10 off from his feeder. After 4 or 5 almosts, he finally stood still long enough for Jacob to get a good broadside shot and then only ran about 20 yards before piling up. Soon after the feeder went off and we waited for a hour or so to go get his buck. I would guess over the hour we must have seen atleast 10 young bucks and couple pretty nice mature bucks. They were grunting and butting heads all over the little meadow we sat in. Just one of those mornings you'll never forget!

For such a self proclaimed fisherman, my little man sure keeps finding himself in the middle of some great deer hunts!

Comment

Comment

Looks like a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is an awesome thread and turn out for all parties involved. Congrats on the doe and nice buck Jacob! Job well done

Comment

Dig it

Comment

Bringing an old one back, is anyone @ the Hershey this weekend on the youth hunt?

Comment

One we'll never forget!!

Comment

Working...
                            X