X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nike stocks are up!!

I wonder why??

Probably because Tiger likes it.

Tiger Woods responded favorably to Nike's ad featuring Colin Kaepernick that ran for the first time during Thursday night's season-opening NFL game, saying, "It's a beautiful spot."

And I'm not a Tiger lover by any means.

Comment

Despite the supposed backlash, sales are actually up since the Kapernick announcement

Comment

Originally posted by cjkozik View Post
        I wonder why??
        Because despite what we think the people who actually buy their stuff either don't care or agree with them. Play to your market base......good business decision.

Comment

because they aren't as dumb as they look? I'm sure it was a calculated decision and they thought they would make money with the new advertisements or there's no way they would have done it...Nike doesn't have a history of failing much (with the exception of golf clubs) - they know who their majority market is and that they'll gain more millennials too probably.

Comment

Im still skeptical of the long term effects. Let's see how things are going for them in another calendar year or two.

Comment

Because the big majority of Nike sales are overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Despite the supposed backlash, sales are actually up since the Kapernick announcement

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ni...ign-2018-09-07
                Short term anyways. We shall see how it does long term.

None of my money will be funding any nike purchases.

Comment

I will never buy Nike products again.

Comment

It's very appealing to 13% of the population.

Comment

Valid points

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                        It's very appealing to 13% of the population.
                        Curious as to what percentage of Nike purchases belong to this 13%. Nike evaluated this for sure.

Comment

I won't be buying their SHET....but our world is being taken over from illegals, democrats, and their kind because they get free handouts. So they keep producing and voting that way.

So Nike knew what they were doing

Comment

The majority of Nike’s market share is people that are 33 years and under. Unfortunately they don’t have the same values as us. Very smart move for Nike, however I don’t agree with it.

Comment

Perhaps the people that actually own or are buying Nike stock only care about making money; i.e. EPS.

Many investors couldn't care less about Kapernick as long as the longer term earngins projection appears to be positive.

Comment

Working...
                              X