Amistad water level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amistad water level

Sad to see the lake going down... Started 35 feet below normal since early in the year and it's now gone down 4 feet in the last few weeks... Praying for rain
    Attached Files

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not good for the deer ..........or Fish

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
      ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not good for the deer ..........or Fish
      Especially the fish.

And people thought I was crazy the other day for praying for some hellacious storms to come through the state.

Comment

Definitely in dire need of tropical moisture out here in our little piece of heaven. If it stays like this much longer the horny toads and roadrunners are gonna start migrating like the African plains animals.

Comment

It's sad to think we need a hurricane to fill up our lakes.

Like TEX4K said: Please send us a little tropical moisture !!!

Comment

Dang you global warming!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              Especially the fish.

And people thought I was crazy the other day for praying for some hellacious storms to come through the state.

They thought it was selfish. Not crazy.

I hunt Val Verde as well, and live on the coast. As much as I want the rain out that way, I would not dream of trading my family's safety or the integrity of my home for a little better deer this year...

Comment

Cant imagine the hike from the bottom of the ramp to the parking lot now at Diablo east....

Comment

How far was it down last year? wasn't it over 60ft? Maybe im wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                    Cant imagine the hike from the bottom of the ramp to the parking lot now at Diablo east....
                    It's definitely a climb... The lake will recover at some point but it's a sad sight to see... Especially when you consider the water demand for irrigation water down south is just now starting...

Comment

The only time ive ever been to that lake was a month ago. While we were there several locals told us they were going to purposely lower the lake 3 feet starting the next week. They said it was normal for them to do that? I dont know much about amistad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter4l1fe View Post
                        They thought it was selfish. Not crazy.

I hunt Val Verde as well, and live on the coast. As much as I want the rain out that way, I would not dream of trading my family's safety or the integrity of my home for a little better deer this year...
                        For many of the people out here it isn't just about bigger deer. The water they drink and the water used to farm like mentioned above comes from these lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltgrass Mikerr View Post
                          It's sad to think we need a hurricane to fill up our lakes.

Like TEX4K said: Please send us a little tropical moisture !!!
                          Only a problem since dams were built in the desert... Before then, it wasn't an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                            For many of the people out here it isn't just about bigger deer. The water they drink and the water used to farm like mentioned above comes from these lakes.
                            I understand that, and I agree that rain is needed all over West Texas, but there alot better ways to pray for rain than in the form of a Hurricane.

Comment

Majority of the lake water comes from the conchos river system in the northern part of chihuahua... Hoping for some May showers instead of flowers... After the flood in 98 nobody in the region desires hurricane type rains in this area...

Comment

Working...
                              X