X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He weighed 240 pounds
    Attached Files

Comment

My big buck is only the first few pictures and then the rest are other bucks that were shot like the two in the water tub.

Comment

Good one for sure! Congrats

Comment

Congrats man that is a stud !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sonora TX 2018-2019

What’s the antler growth looking like for everyone? Hadn’t been able to get out and see what’s on my camera. Really wished I knew how wireless cameras worked in my area. Can’t justify the cost of one not knowing.

Last edited by SlinginStix; 06-18-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I had a wt doe die while giving birth about a week ago. The buzzards led me to her. It sucks to see them go that way, but it’s all part of nature, I guess!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SlinginStix View Post
                What’s the antler growth looking like for everyone? Hadn’t been able to get out and see what’s on my camera. Really wished I knew how wireless cameras worked in my area. Can’t justify the cost of one not knowing.

If a cell phone works there your camera will too assuming you buy one that uses the same provider. I use AT&T cameras West of town and they work great.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                  If a cell phone works there your camera will too assuming you buy one that uses the same provider. I use AT&T cameras West of town and they work great.

I have Verizon. South of town and in the “bowl” I’m in I don’t think it’ll work. Zero phone service at the feeder locations but do on ridges. Have been told that if I have an extended antenna elevated it may work. Who knows. Just gives me an excuse to make the 7 hr drive to check on things.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
                    He weighed 240 pounds

Congrats. He’s a stud. What part of the county do you hunt?

Comment

About 15 minutes down Bond Road out past the high school

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                      Congrats. He’s a stud. What part of the county do you hunt?

Comment

Had a great week of hunting in Sonora last week. Weather was hot the first few days, but then a nice breeze came through the rest of the trip to cool things down. We had a large group down there and ended up with around 14 axis down. I ended up with my biggest axis to date with 35" x 34" main beams. He scored somewhere around 155. Our measuring rope was not the best, but i did measure the main beams pretty accurate and several times. Besides that we had a buck shot with a fresh horn stuck in its neck and a broken main beam as well as an old buck with no teeth. Overall was a great trip.

The story on my buck:

Was stalking around 6:30pm and came up downwind on a group laying down under the mesquite. A couple small bucks were playing around sparring and some others eating. I was on this trip mainly for meat so wasn't trying to shoot anything big, but I had told myself that the first two days I'd pass on deer in case I ran into a trophy. My buck came into the picture as I was watching them at around 50 yards. At the time I was considering passing on him due to not thinking he was that big. Its funny how being on the ground in mesquite can be deceiving. I watched him as he laid down at 50 yards trying to decide if I was going to pull the trigger. He then got up and chased a doe to about 30 yards from me, but luckily they turned back around and went back to the group. It was at this time I realized his size and his big belly. Unfortunately I had to wait another ten minutes before I got a shot at him. He was rubbing up on some mesquite and didn't present a shot for a bit. The group started moving and I got situated for a shot. When he stepped in to the shooting lane I let the 270 do its job. He was definitely rutting and was fun to get to watch him for a good 30 minutes before taking him down. Allowed for some good memories to be made.
                        Congrats on a beautiful axis.....well a lot of beautiful axis. Love chasing them

Comment

Not too far as the crow flys from us. A friend of mine just got on a lease in that area. 12 miles cross country, but hour+ by road.

Comment

Back up top. Lots of the area getting some much needed rain with more forecasted through Monday night. I’ll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                              Back up top. Lots of the area getting some much needed rain with more forecasted through Monday night. I’ll take it!

I’ve gotten 1/4” here at the house, 3 miles east of town. Need more badly!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I’ve been eyeing the radar like a hawk since yesterday. Based off that our place had a decent cell go over it. FarmLogs shows .10 as of this morning. We’ll gladly take all we get and all else on this thread will.

Comment

Working...
                                X