No announcement yet.

How to make Axis Hamburger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m with some of the other guys... 10% beef tallow added. Makes super chili and jerky!

Comment

Grind with 10% beef fat.

Comment

I have never been fortunate enough to get an Axis but with Whitetail we use it straight and add one package of Lipton beefy onion soup per pound for hamburgers on the grill.

Comment

80/20 mix with brisket....you will never want beef hamburgers again. Axis is pretty darn amazing.

Comment

I used bacon ends and pieces had about 50 pounds of ground axis to 5 pounds of bacon ends. Mine was great. Its gone now. Lol

Comment

I think I had a little wild pork in there from a sow I got as well.

Comment

We prefer the beef tallow. We’ve tried the brisket and the pork butt. 10% tallow is our favorite. But to each his own and its axis. Almost can’t screw it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

J.C. thanks for this. I am in the exact same boat. Just shot an axis and am going to grind a bunch into hamburger for spaghetti, chili, and all that kinda stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    10 percent beef tallow added to mine.
                    This is what I do to all my deer burger. It turns out perfect!

Comment

We do 10% brisket and 10% bacon for all our burger, best burger I’ve ever had

Comment

Think I saw you were in lake Jackson. I would take it to jureks in markham. I took two axis does last week and told him as many steaks as possible and the rest hamburger. It was only $95. Cooks up nice juicy burgers. Grill or fry the cutlets and you can't beat it.

Comment

Sorry. Reread and I would say throw 10-20% beef fat. Basically just however how you buy your ground beef for whatever you are cooking. I like my burgers rareish and don't want to have to worry about undercooked pork in my burger mix.

Comment

Get some Everglades seasoning to add to the grind. You won't be sorry.

Comment

10% beef fat is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                                J.C. thanks for this. I am in the exact same boat. Just shot an axis and am going to grind a bunch into hamburger for spaghetti, chili, and all that kinda stuff.
                                Congrats buddy!! Lots of good reading here.

Comment

Working...
                                X