Your wife's hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your wife's hobbies

So the past few weeks while I've been dove hunting and getting ready for opening day my wife keeps saying she wishes she had a hobby to enjoy as much as I do. She wants to get into hunting but we do not have the funds to go buy everything she will need this season and it would be entirely too late for her to start practicing. My question is this: What keeps your woman happy and busy while you get to go out and do what you love?

i hear the same complaint. I tell her shopping is a hobby..lol

Comment

Hunting

I hunt more than my husband

Comment

Hunting is not a hobby it's a life style, my wife just got into archery and enjoys it alot

Comment

Sleeping

Comment

My wife shops in off season and Hunts in season but also shops for Hunting in season

Comment

Never had that problem. Mine loves to be in the woods, hunting, fishing.

Comment

My Bride travels out of state... and comes back with wall decor

Comment

dishes, laundry, dusting.....simple....

please don't tell her I posted this

Comment

I'm not married, but I know what keeps my Mom happy while my Step-Dad is out hunting. What keeps her happy is that she is in her own stand, doing her own thing, and layin'em down. If Momma draws down on something you can bet it's a done deal!

I would say if nothing else, see if you can at least afford to put her in her own stand. Either a popup on the ground or ladder stand locked to a tree if she is comfortable enough with that. Get her setup with some hand corn or something and let her watch from close if she has never experienced that before. Can definitely understand the finances and time crunch. But I think the key is to not always hunt with them in 'your' stand, but to provide them their own space if possible. Just my .02. Always worked for my folks. Worked with my Mom and Dad before my Dad passed away and it works with Mom and my Step-Dad.

Comment

mine just likes to complain that she isnt going. Go get her a gun. Never too late

Comment

My wife, the lovely and talented Carie is the coach of my daughter's U10 soccer team. That keeps her busy during season and spring turkey too. Although this year I will be liberating my daughter from a game or two so she can hunt with me while coach is coaching!

Comment

My wife Hunts with me (Has for the last 24yrs) and her other hobby is watching and attending sporting events together and with our boys (Baseball,Football) because we have 2 boys that have played since they were 8 and she was raised in a non-sports family so she finds it Very Exciting ..

Comment

Photography, its actually more than a hobby now. Shes making some decent money at it!

Comment

Pilot and is currently getting her glider rating. Fishing, kayaking but so far not wanting to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X