Bar E Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar E Help

I did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone have any tips or advice for hunting this ranch? Hunt their setups or put up my own pop up, don't hunt the road, feeders etc.? This will be the first exotic hunt for my wife and I and was just wanting a little insight from the knowledgable braintrust here. Thanks.

Ive hunted with Larry and Tina a couple of times and always done good. Larry will put you in locations and stands that will be the best for what you are looking. And he has put up ground blinds for me, when Ive asked him too......its always good down there.

Comment

The Zimmermans are good folk and good friends of mine. Treat them right an act like civized folks and youll have a good trip. (not saying you wont but ive been there with less than desirable folks and no one enjoys them)

Ive seen people have good luck hunting existing stands and with new ones just put out. Basically listen to Les and Larry and youll have good luck.

Last hunt I was on some folks took a little extra protein in a grocery sack and it seems to help bringing them in. Ive also seen it where people have hand corned and nothing would touch the hand corn only that they put out. Avoid making big piles of corn, they know what that means.

One thing we did in the past was hunt in the middle of the day. Come back out about lunch and make a sit. Or when they come to pick you up after the morning hunt to play musical stands and go immediately to another spot and hunt for a couple more hours.

Its a day hunt. Any opportunity for a legal animal should be taken. Generally there are alot of rams and you have plenty opportunity to get one if need be.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will be hunting with my recurve, so if I get a shot that I am comfortable with on a legal animal I will probably take it. Thanks again.

Comment

Bar E

Does anyone have thier website? Thanks

Comment

bareranches.com

Comment

Working...
            X