Who's been to Contrary Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's been to Contrary Creek

Well I went last year and had a good time. Shot a doe and had plenty of chances to shoot another. Saw about 30 or so 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 year old bucks. Saw lots of turkey and exotics but none close enough for a shot. The rancher is a super nice guy. We had a great time watching the Longhorns beat Oklahoma. Just wondering if any of you all have been there and would like to hear your comments and stories successful or not. So has anyone actually shot a legal buck there? What'd you think of the place.......????????????

I went 3 season's ago and killed two does, could have killed a third but decided not to as it was the last hunt and I had to get on the road... There was 5 of us there on that hunt and I was the only one that killed anything and nobody saw a "shooter buck" (as per John's guidline's)..... Did see several younger bucks and a couple exotic's, didn't get to see any turkey's though... John is a good guy, (he's not a bow hunter though) and I spent several hours helping him move stands around, he had them out in the open.. I am sure he has a better understanding of archery set up's now though.... If I didn't have a lease in that part of the country now I would go back and hunt there again in a heart beat...

Comment

Working...
    X