3d Forum by Area???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d Forum by Area???

There needs to be an forum that has a list of the 3d shoot by area. Like Houston Surrounding Area, DFW surrounding area, San Antonio Surrounding are and.......................

This would make it a lot easer to sort out shoot especially for the people just getting started in 3D shooting.

lets get this stared. could even use calendars for the area

Just look at the first post starters location. That will give you an idea where they shooting or at least the area. Most of the schedules posted have the club name and many of them have a website. I have taken all the local clubs in my area and created a calendar with all the shoots. Only 3 free weekends from now till end of July for me. Many weekends will be shooting at 2 seperate events.
    Last edited by huntinpool; 02-16-2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

That sounds like a great idea!! When will you be contacting the clubs and getting a schedule from them, and posting it here by region? Cant wait to see it!

Comment

Depending on if you shoot ASA or LSBA go to the forums for them and ook at the schedule. Or look at the schedule of the clubs you would like to shoot. I shoot a fair amount of 3d and haven't had a problem figuring out where they are. The texas asa federation sight is pretty good one. And put together by somebody on this board. Also www.3dshoots.com and you can search by radius of zip code.
        Last edited by Sparkles; 02-17-2010, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
          The texas asa federation sight is pretty good one. And put together by somebody on this board.
          Yeah, Celeste does a great job!

Hi GleNN!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment for her! We try really hard, but realistically there is NO way to get everyone's schedule and sort it out by region. Especially since no one is paying anyone to do it!! Mojo360 came up with a list fo all the shoots in the DFW area last year, and apparently it was quite a beating since he didnt do it again this year.

Hi RandY

Comment

Maybe we could pool our resources and get a thread and have one of the mods do a sticky to keep it up at the top so all us old folks can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                Thanks for the compliment for her! We try really hard, but realistically there is NO way to get everyone's schedule and sort it out by region. Especially since no one is paying anyone to do it!! Mojo360 came up with a list fo all the shoots in the DFW area last year, and apparently it was quite a beating since he didnt do it again this year.

Hi RandY
                Thank You Glenn and Celeste for doing a GREAT job running the Texas ASA Federation website. The site is a key feature that makes our program the BEST in the nation.

Ol Arrowsmith did a consolidated schedule of all North Texas ASA clubs in 2006, 2007, and 2008 and posted them on this forum. It is a beating.

There is a website in place that is designed to list the schedules of Texas archery clubs. I think some clubs do not know about this site and others have not responded to their request for schedules. This site has actually been around for several years and is run by one of our new ASA South region club operators. Send them your club schedules. As you will see several clubs are utilizing this site.

Here is a link to the site:

Clubs can email their schedules to:

randy@tx3dshooters.com

Comment

Thanks for the link have been looking for some 3d shoots myself.

Comment

ya thanks. Im new to the 3d. I have just been shootn in the back yard and at the lease for 7 years and I had no clue where to start but the good ol green screen

Comment

That sounds like a great idea!! When will you be contacting the clubs and getting a schedule from them, and posting it here by region? Cant wait to see it!
                      Well I don't know who they are. I have only shot 3d once and it was a fund raiser put on by some good ol oilfield folks.

Comment

Hi RandY
                        I wonder if it would be easy if the club or a club member that is a member of TBH could put it on the calendar. Even if it is just a 3d shoot a someones property that has a bunch of 3d targets?

Comment

I understand what you are saying. Your closest club would be where? Where is Kingwood? Did you browse all the club schedule threads here to determine which would be closest? Did you search for the club and see if they had a web page or a schedule posted there? Dont get me wrong, I am by no means trying to discourage you from getting more into 3D. I am saying that it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to create what you are asking for. There are clubs that have yet to set a schedule, and what if a club gets left off the list? Or the club has no web page? I suggest you start a thread asking about shoots in ________ area and see what kind of replies you get. Then you will know what is in your area, and when they are shooting.

Comment

Houston Area

Banana Bend- Second Sunday every month.
                            SaltGrass- Fourth Sunday of every month
                            Buffalo - schedule not released yet
                            Montgomery- coming out soon
                            Smokin Feathers (Livingston) is out posted here I think
                            Bazoria County is out check web page
                            Lake Charles La posted here I think
                            Brazos County posted on web page

Most all have a web just do a search.

Of course there is ASA, LSBA, TFAA, and TBOT.

Comment

Working...
                            X