A very special "Thank You" to a very special Lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
    Cool. Your daugther walked past my camp and hollered at us and said something along the lines of "Look at what I got" and showed us the quiver. We gave her a thumbs up.

Now we know "The Rest Of The Story". Pretty cool.

Was Skunk Lady the lady shooting the Sky bow?
    Not sure if it is a sky. I think it is a Olympic prototype if it is red white and blue. Not sure what she was shooting I did not see her with it. That is one of Calvin's bows. Calvin did some rest modification to it . He left my house with a horse shoe rasp and half a closet rod. Lol He said he was going to stick it on with sticky tape. Lol Shooters like Shana can beat you with a 2x4 with a string on it. Makes shooters like me sick.

Comment

She is one of the good ones, that's for sure. Congrats Abby on the fine quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
        Not sure if it is a sky. I think it is a Olympic prototype if it is red white and blue. Not sure what she was shooting I did not see her with it. That is one of Calvin's bows. Calvin did some rest modification to it . He left my house with a horse shoe rasp and half a closet rod. Lol He said he was going to stick it on with sticky tape. Lol Shooters like Shana can beat you with a 2x4 with a string on it. Makes shooters like me sick.
        I spoke to a lady on the front side of the course. Can't remember if it was Sat or Sunday. She was wearing a black skirt and had fell down and was leaving a blood trail from her shin. She had a SKY bow with blue limbs, I think.

Very nice lady. I did not watch her shoot but got the impression that it was not her first rodeo.

Comment

That could very well be Shana! I saw her at one point and she had dried blood on one of her shins!

Bisch

Comment

Lol... Yep it was me, I hit my shin practicing Sunday from the orange stakes. Had nothing to wipe blood, and it was ugly. Yes bow is a red SKY recurve. Calvin brought it to me Friday to play with. Luv it! I will shoot it at IBO Traditional World. I was tickled to give the ole skunk to sweet Abigail. She has an excitement about her for archery, and a nice Dad to help her. Kiddos like her and my nephews, Gunbow & 12gage, make archery fun for me and are the future of our fine sport & passion. We need a NASP program in TEXAS! Let's work on it!

Comment

WOW how great is that.

that is just too cool

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
                Lol... Yep it was me, I hit my shin practicing Sunday from the orange stakes. Had nothing to wipe blood, and it was ugly. Yes bow is a red SKY recurve. Calvin brought it to me Friday to play with. Luv it! I will shoot it at IBO Traditional World. I was tickled to give the ole skunk to sweet Abigail. She has an excitement about her for archery, and a nice Dad to help her. Kiddos like her and my nephews, Gunbow & 12gage, make archery fun for me and are the future of our fine sport & passion. We need a NASP program in TEXAS! Let's work on it!
                Yep, I'm getting old I knew it was a SKY but thought it was Blue not Red. I do remember that the skirt was black because I ain't that old.

I did not know who you were or watch you shoot but figured you knew how to shoot it.

I enjoyed talking to you. And you did make that kid's day because we were camped about 20 yds from the road and she hollered out to us to look at that quiver.

take care

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
                  Again, I can't possibly thank you enough ma'am, it was quite a gesture. I really need a pic of the two of you together someday, she'll be happy to visit with you again.

Comment

I met Skunklady at a Lake Charles shoot. A class act for sure.
                    Congrats to Abigail

Comment

Wow, that was really nice of her.

Comment

Now that is CLASS!!!

Comment

Great story about great folks at a great shoot!! What else can be added except a personal thanks to Ron from me for helping me get my legs back under me at the end of my second round. You and your group are outstanding folks!

Comment

Great story and gesture!!!!
                            I've met Ms. Wilson only once and on that occasion she and her brother or brother in law (can't remember) helped me out. Very kind folks!!!
                            She's obviously continuing to conduct herself in the manner of a "true" champion!!

Comment

What a very touching story Ron.

She reminds me of my own daughter.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

Nice story!
                                Nice quiver!

Comment

Working...
                                X