Open Cary vote today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Cary vote today!!

So if it passes the house today when will you be able to open carry..

Everything points to it being Jan 1 of 2016.

Comment

fingers crossed!

Comment

I really believe it'll pass.

Comment

Just dumb! I dont want anyone to know if I have a weapon or not!

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post

NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO OPEN CARRY FOR THE TENTH TIME!!!! It's gonna pass so get over it people.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              Neither do I but I don't want to get fined 250.00 If I imprint my sidearm.

Comment

Originally posted by txhighcaliber View Post
                NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO OPEN CARRY FOR THE TENTH TIME!!!! It's gonna pass so get over it people.
                Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                Neither do I but I don't want to get fined 250.00 If I imprint my sidearm.
                Good grief the amount of ignorance surrounding this is still mind boggling. As mentioned earlier, you aren't required to open carry, you may still conceal carry if you wish.

You can't get fined for accidental exposure of your weapon.

This is a law that almost promotes gun ownership. A step in the right direction. I likely won't open carry, but I support anyone who chooses too and I support any bill that furthers gun owner's rights.

Comment

The newly elected governor still has to sign it into law before it will become legal. And that is not as much a slam dunk as he led us to believe before he was elected.

And there will be plenty of follow up regulations of when and where you can open carry. So it might be Jan 1 of 2016 and it might be even later depending on the accompanying legal proceedings.

Won't be the Wild Wild west overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by txhighcaliber View Post
                    Some people just won't understand unless it's wrote in crayon

Comment

Just don't tell the guys in the "Very shocked! (CHL topic)" thread that them darn immigrants will be able to open carry now.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Good grief the amount of ignorance surrounding this is still mind boggling. As mentioned earlier, you aren't required to open carry, you may still conceal carry if you wish.

You can't get fined for accidental exposure of your weapon.

This is a law that almost promotes gun ownership. A step in the right direction. I likely won't open carry, but I support anyone who chooses too and I support any bill that furthers gun owner's rights.
                        Well said, Greg.

Comment

Good.
                          Last edited by Geezy Rider; 04-14-2015, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman7290 View Post
                            Some people just won't understand unless it's wrote in crayon
                            And even then there is still the need to use proper grammar and spelling to get the point across.

Comment

Hope It passes!

Comment

Working...
                              X