No announcement yet.

87 Sammy hunting buggy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got a great deal on that thing. I go everywhere in mine. But in the winter time your gonna want those doors. Are you planning on painting your rims. I have chrome rims on mine also and want to paint them, just don't know if it will stick.

Comment

These rims were chrome and have been painted silver. I'm getting new black rims and tires. Trying to decide on just painting and rhino lined!

I like open air no doors needed. I usually use a gol cart as my main hunting transport. Cold when riding to stand doesn't bother me. Just having the windshield and heater will be night and day.

Comment

I agree. Mine does not have a windshield and I drove it around for two hunting seasons before I realized the heater worked.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          These rims were chrome and have been painted silver. I'm getting new black rims and tires. Trying to decide on just painting and rhino lined!

I like open air no doors needed. I usually use a gol cart as my main hunting transport. Cold when riding to stand doesn't bother me. Just having the windshield and heater will be night and day.
          Windshield alone makes all difference. I wouldnt know what to do if ours had a heater!

This is also a must for when it turns off hot.
          Low Range Off Road is your source for all Suzuki Samurai Body, Axles, Suspension, Engine, Armor, Accessories and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            Windshield alone makes all difference. I wouldnt know what to do if ours had a heater!

This is also a must for when it turns off hot.
            http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/winds...-down-kit.html
            This one is def on my list to do

Comment

This one is def on my list to do
              I need this!! Took my 88 sammy out to the lease for the first time this past weekend. these things float on the mud!! Put a new weber water choke carb on it. New fuel pump yesterday, It was leaking oil out of the vent on the pump. Putting an alternator on today along with a 24" light bar for the front and a small square light bar for the rear. Looking for a soft top that covers directly down behind the seats and keeps the bed open like a truck. Anyone?
              Last edited by DOUBLE.A; 04-20-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

What makes it a water choke? Never heard of anything besides man or elec.

Comment

May look into Monstaliner for Rust problems and bed liner DIY products....I've been really impressed with their products and its pretty simple to work with.

Comment

What makes it a water choke? Never heard of anything besides man or elec.
                      Its a Weber water choke. I guess when it warms up the choke cuts off. The original carb was a water choke so it was the easiest swap.

Comment

m

Left side of the carb. Water runs through it.

Comment

And all the vaccum lines get taken off basically. Lots were dry rotted and loose anyway so it worked out good.

Comment

Sammy are great hunting rigs.

Comment

Don't know that I have ever seen a water choke

Comment

Ok a little update. It doesn't look much different but did a tune up, changed valve cover gasket and re worked suspension. When the previous owner did the spring over lift they also added 2 extra springs to each stack that were extremely heavy duty and gave it a little extra lift. It was extremely stiff! I returned it back to the stock spring over suspension.
                                Now it runs good and suspension is back to a tolerable ride.

Next will be the custom front and rear suspension, installing the back high lift seat I bought on tbh and fix the rust in the passenger floor board.
                                I was going to put new wheels and tires on it but the old set it came with still have good tread.
                                Also still need to get a set of Neon seats and decide if I'm going to wrap it in camp, rhino line it or just paint it.

Comment

Working...
                                X