Plus and Minuses of Bad Boy Buggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus and Minuses of Bad Boy Buggies

Thinking about getting a 2006 2 seater to carry the grandkids around in and haul more stuff and people around at the lease. The batteries are 2 years old and have been maintained well. I have a regular golf cart right now. What are the +/- of a Bad Boy?

I have a couple of bad boy zero turn mowers and they are great. Can't speak for the sxs though.

Comment

They have some plus sides but I've been stranded enough by dead batteries and ALWAYS seem to be replacing batteries, Chargers, electrical switches. Not built near what they should be for what they cost. When the batteries dead... It's dead you can bring more gas unless you got a 1 mile cord . Me personally would buy a gas something and if noise is a problem, I'd honestly walk and extra 100 yards

Everyone at the ranch hates that thing.... Except for night hog hunting wheat fields with night vision... But that's different

Comment

Mine was a newer designed 2009 model (XT) and it was awesome. Never had a single problem with it. I didn't like the models before that because they rode like crap and had more electrical issues.

Comment

I have one. Down side is its costly to replace batteries but if you make sure they have plenty of water (check often), then they will go about 4-5 years. The steering is a bit tight but manageable. Plus side is ofcourse they are quiet and can really handle tough terrain. The tough terrain will drain the batteries quicker however. If you have a relatively small place and its flat with rolling hills, you'll be very pleased........if you have a big place that is semi-rough you'll have issues. Always charge when not in use.

Comment

I've been eyeballing a used one as well. It is a bit confusing in that you get about the same number of people saying "runs great, never a problem, I love mine!" as people saying "piece of junk, waste of money!" In the research I've done Kevin's opinion seems to be a common one - that the early models had quite a few problems that have since been ironed out. I'm just not sure what year the changes were made - how far back you should go on a used one.

Comment

I have a 05 and it's been to he;ll and back. I was stranded one time and that was when I was in some real soupy mud and the wheel were spinning real fast and I over amped a cable which burned up. The buggies are tough and I have been in some very steep terrian where four wheelers could not go.
              Plus - quite, tow and haul capacity, pulling, and general toughness
              Minus - expensive and must be repaired by a dealer

Mine has been regulated to the bay home now and doesnt see much in regards to terrain but it will still get me around the block and help me sneak up on freinds without spilling my drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                I have a 05 and it's been to he;ll and back. I was stranded one time and that was when I was in some real soupy mud and the wheel were spinning real fast and I over amped a cable which burned up. The buggies are tough and I have been in some very steep terrian where four wheelers could not go.
                Plus - quite, tow and haul capacity, pulling, and general toughness
                Minus - expensive and must be repaired by a dealer

Mine has been regulated to the bay home now and doesnt see much in regards to terrain but it will still get me around the block and help me sneak up on freinds without spilling my drink.
                only other minus is cost of batteries but thats an every 5 year deal for me. Love my Stealth

Comment

the only one I've been in took an acre to turn around

Comment

Jerp's right, 50-50 on these. Still up in the air I guess. It totally depends on how it was taken care of. I have taken care of my batteries on my golf cart and still had to replace them every 5 years or so. So I am used to that. Our place is 2500 acres and pretty flat. It's pretty wide open for turn around's too. Keep em coming.

Comment

The run time is horrible and expensive to fix. I went from regular golf cart to 4x4 electric. Different cart but same setup. I wish I had just stayed with the regular cart. I ended up taking the front differential and motor out to make it a 2wd buggy again because of the power use even when it was in 2wd.

Comment

I have a 2008 Bad Boy that works well for me. It will go around the ranch all day on a single charge. it will go through serious mud and never get stuck, lots of power. Repairs can be costly if you take it in. We do all the maintenance and repairs ourselves. As mentioned above 4 to 5 year batterie life if you take care of them. Turning could be better other than its been great.

Comment

Seems like they're really hit or miss on whether it's a lemon or not. I have a couple friends that have them and they hate them. Seems like they have to be babied rather how most people drive through the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                            Seems like they're really hit or miss on whether it's a lemon or not. I have a couple friends that have them and they hate them. Seems like they have to be babied rather how most people drive through the woods.
                            mine is definitely not babied. I think the older the model the better they got at building em. Both BBB and Stealth were a couple of the early models and there is a real difference in the 07 stealth and the 08.

Comment

My cousin bought one new and had nothing but problems with it. Solenoids would go out if water splashed on them, batteries going dead a mile into his lease after having been charged the night before, etc., etc.

Do some research through Google and you'll find all kinds of issues with them.

Just FYI.

Comment

Working...
                              X