Side Gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Gig

Curious if any of you guys/gals run a side business out of your garage to bring in some extra money. I've found I have a lot of extra time in the afternoons and am looking for something to fill in some free time and also bring in extra cash. Any ideas?

I started a side business and then it grew. Lol. Now I have a store front and and it takes up too much of my free time. I don't make enough to quit my real job. It's been fun though and provided some nice extra income.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      I started a side business and then it grew. Lol. Now I have a store front and and it takes up too much of my free time. I don't make enough to quit my real job. It's been fun though and provided some nice extra income.
      Whats the side business?

Comment

If anyone knows a guy in North DFW that will give the old mower and weed eater a tune up, let me know, lol.

Comment

A friend of mine bought machine that cuts out vinyl stickers. He started by just doing window decals for kids sports teams and such, then ended up doing some stuff for businesses. He made a decent amount of side money out of his garage. Low stress, easy work. Just needed the machine and some kind of special software that I think came with it.

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
            A friend of mine bought machine that cuts out vinyl stickers. He started by just doing window decals for kids sports teams and such, then ended up doing some stuff for businesses. He made a decent amount of side money out of his garage. Low stress, easy work. Just needed the machine and some kind of special software that I think came with it.
            I thought about that but the machines that do them have come way down in price so it seems like every soccer mom has one now. I just think it will be short lived. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Mow grass.Lots if money to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                If anyone knows a guy in North DFW that will give the old mower and weed eater a tune up, let me know, lol.
                I can use them well enough, but not very good at mechanic work on them.

Comment

I started a side gig then grew it into a full time store front. Hired a good helper to keep it rolling and started driving a school bus for another side gig. Gets out of the shop and it pays 22.50 an hour. They keep busy with field trips all the time.

Comment

yes i do. And it grew big time lol. Now I have so much work it is almost like having 2 full time jobs. Lots of long nights and weekends but it puts a lot of money in my pocket.

Comment

Ive been wanting to do this as well. Everyone will tell you they make money at their side business but wont tell you what it is. Guess that's business!

Comment

Side gig

Originally posted by TEX_hunt_AS View Post
                        Curious if any of you guys/gals run a side business out of your garage to bring in some extra money. I've found I have a lot of extra time in the afternoons and am looking for something to fill in some free time and also bring in extra cash. Any ideas?
                        We started out doing hydrographics in our garage about a two and a half years ago. Had to set up a metal building to house all the equipment plus we needed the storage area anyways. We mostly only do it on the weekends. Was a PITA learning on our own but we pretty much have it down now, would have been easier had we paid for professional training. It's fun customizing different things and we make a little extra cash on the side. Hoping to be a more permanent source of income when I retire.

Comment

Originally posted by TEX_hunt_AS View Post
                          Whats the side business?

Fishing gear and tackle

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Fishing gear and tackle

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                              We started out doing hydrographics in our garage about a two and a half years ago. Had to set up a metal building to house all the equipment plus we needed the storage area anyways. We mostly only do it on the weekends. Was a PITA learning on our own but we pretty much have it down now, would have been easier had we paid for professional training. It's fun customizing different things and we make a little extra cash on the side. Hoping to be a more permanent source of income when I retire.
                              cool , thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X