Green Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMC View Post
    LOL. You have very little faith my friend.

I really do believe we will see fusion power within our life times. Besides its not one inventor.... its teams of scientists working on it all over the world. Something like fusion power after they figure out the containment issues cannot be put in a vault and locked away.

And the dudes at the Skunk Works cannot be taken lightly. LOL
    Lots of faith but little faith in man!!! (To give anything away.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      That will never happen.....lol! That technology will get locked in a vault , and the inventor will be killed (think Raiders of the Lost Ark scene) before anything is given for free.
      Reality escapes the author of the post you quoted

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Reality escapes the author of the post you quoted
        That was blatantly obvious on another thread.

Comment

Cash cow is right

Comment

I'm on a 24-month 100% renewable plan from Discount Power. Cut my monthly bill in half from my TXU traditional plan. Happy to support Texas wind and even happier to stick it to coal.

Thank you powertochoose.org!

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
              I'm on a 24-month 100% renewable plan from Discount Power. Cut my monthly bill in half from my TXU traditional plan. Happy to support Texas wind and even happier to stick it to coal.

Thank you powertochoose.org!
              Good for you. Stick it to coal. Rotflmao you apparently have no concept of how that energy gets to your light switch. Wind energy in Texas only supplies between 10-15 percent of total kilowatts on the grid during the daylight hours. That decreases at nite. On a peak day and hour as it is now today, they don't supply as much to the grid as needed to do their part. So at that time what you think is wind power your buying it is actually gas or coal generated. So next time it's 105 in Addison and your sitting in that cold AC just keep believing that those wind turbines out west of Abilene are keeping you cool. While in fact it's probably this here coal fired plant that I'm running at the moment keeping you and yours cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                That will never happen.....lol! That technology will get locked in a vault , and the inventor will be killed (think Raiders of the Lost Ark scene) before anything is given for free.
                Along with all the cures for cancer

Comment

Originally posted by Wtex View Post
                  Good for you. Stick it to coal. Rotflmao you apparently have no concept of how that energy gets to your light switch. Wind energy in Texas only supplies between 10-15 percent of total kilowatts on the grid during the daylight hours. That decreases at nite. On a peak day and hour as it is now today, they don't supply as much to the grid as needed to do their part. So at that time what you think is wind power your buying it is actually gas or coal generated. So next time it's 105 in Addison and your sitting in that cold AC just keep believing that those wind turbines out west of Abilene are keeping you cool. While in fact it's probably this here coal fired plant that I'm running at the moment keeping you and yours cool.
                  In addition, the rest of us subsidize the renewable industry with unfair tax and pricing advantages that make everyone's electricity costs higher than they would be without them. Senior citizens on fixed incomes choose between paying the light bill and eating but Vermin has good feelz.

Comment

Your response addresses the physical path of 100% renewable energy plans while entirely ignoring the contract path. By not discussing how 100% renewable energy plans are regulated by the PUCT and how ERCOT administers the TX renewable energy credit (REC) trading program, you're telling a one-sided story. Information is readily available about how RECs are used to enable the sale of PUC-approved 100% renewable energy plans to consumers.

While I'm not able to control the source and physical path of my electric service, I am able to control the contract path. My money is being used to pay Oncor's delivery fees and to purchase RECs, which support renewable electricity generation. I am voting with my dollars. So, while electricity produced by a coal-fired generation plant may be powering my home at times, my 100% renewable energy contract isn't paying them for doing so.

Comment

Argue all day/night long. Bottom line is money talks and BS walks.

Without government subsidies pushing solar/wind junk it would never sell at all. Even with the huge sums of taxpayer money going in for the last 10-20 years it's still not selling. They just don't work well enough to make money..Period. End of story. Drop mic.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Without government subsidies pushing solar/wind junk it would never sell at all. Even with the huge sums of taxpayer money going in for the last 10-20 years it's still not selling. They just don't work well enough to make money..Period. End of story. Drop mic.

Well said. They are putting these fans all over my lease as I type this. With the pay-outs to landowners, damage to property reimbursements and the unbelievable infrastructure needed to get these windmills operational, financially speaking, they are the worst investment EVER. We were told, being in a great locale, the windmills would pay for themselves in 32-38 years. Considering, everything the windmill company has told us has been worth less than a steamy dump, I would wager that estimate is a purposeful lie as well.

Simply put, if it cannot sustain itself, it should not be subsidized. People selfishly defend the subsidy because it benefits them and the fact Vermin does so is of no surprise to me. He is bought off with cheap energy bills. No integrity is cheaply purchased. It's no different than the Dems buying off the black community (en mass) with welfare give-aways. My business does not get subsidized and if I fail, no one is hurt but me. I guess I haven't paid off the correct people. Integrity is usually more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

this is exactly right^^^^. without your money they wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                            Your response addresses the physical path of 100% renewable energy plans while entirely ignoring the contract path. By not discussing how 100% renewable energy plans are regulated by the PUCT and how ERCOT administers the TX renewable energy credit (REC) trading program, you're telling a one-sided story. Information is readily available about how RECs are used to enable the sale of PUC-approved 100% renewable energy plans to consumers.

While I'm not able to control the source and physical path of my electric service, I am able to control the contract path. My money is being used to pay Oncor's delivery fees and to purchase RECs, which support renewable electricity generation. I am voting with my dollars. So, while electricity produced by a coal-fired generation plant may be powering my home at times, my 100% renewable energy contract isn't paying them for doing so.
                            Apparently you have no idea how ercot works. Nor do you want to know that when the government grant for renewable contracts run out the your bill will skyrocket. So at that time you will have to choose if your going to by gas and coal energy or stubbornly keep buying the green crap.

Comment

Apparently you have no idea how ercot works. Nor do you want to know that when the government grant for renewable contracts run out the your bill will skyrocket. So at that time you will have to choose if your going to by gas and coal energy or stubbornly keep buying the green crap.
                              Are you disputing that the payments I make for my 100% renewable energy plan are used purchase RECs? If so, please provide evidence, as that would give me cause file a complaint with PUCT against several retail providers.

If I wanted to, I could lock in a great rate today on a 36-month term for a 100% renewable plan. Get back to me in 2020 when it's time for me to renew.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                                Simply put, if it cannot sustain itself, it should not be subsidized. People selfishly defend the subsidy because it benefits them and the fact Vermin does so is of no surprise to me. He is bought off with cheap energy bills. No integrity is cheaply purchased. It's no different than the Dems buying off the black community (en mass) with welfare give-aways. My business does not get subsidized and if I fail, no one is hurt but me. I guess I haven't paid off the correct people. Integrity is usually more expensive.
                                That is a pretty ridiculous bit of demagoguery. Coal-generation is heavily subsidized, as it's allowed to emit ridiculous amounts of greenhouse gases and pollutants without paying for it. It takes objectivity and integrity to not ideologically dismiss the widely accepted science behind this.

Personally, I hope to see a heavily subsidized, wide-scale deployment of small modular reactors in the coming decades to help accelerate the demise of coal.

Comment

Working...
                                X