PayPal Public Service Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Public Service Announcement

In case you don’t know, if you use your credit card to pay via PayPal, it deducts a percentage from the payment. So if you are buying a product from someone, it shorts them some of the money!

It’s always been that way , PP gonna get there 3%

If you know the person , money can be sent via friends and family and the recipient will receive the full dollar amount sent

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
      In case you don’t know, if you use your credit card to pay via PayPal, it deducts a percentage from the payment. So if you are buying a product from someone, it shorts them some of the money!

They have been doing that since they started for goods and services way back when......It's how they made their money.

The no fees deal "as a gift" came abou after their fee based system
      Last edited by Smart; 09-27-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

You also need to pay friends and family with a bank account option in paypal. The fees come from the credit card companies and are really just passing those fee through to the seller.

Comment

It doesn't matter nowadays if you use a credit card or your PayPal balance, if you send it as "Goods and Services" they charge the seller a fee (2.9% + $0.30 for most of us). It used to be the fee was only charged using a card, now it's all payments using this method. I only use "Friends and Family" when it is someone I know and trust, because you get no buyer protection using this method.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            It’s always been that way , PP gonna get there 3%

If you know the person , money can be sent via friends and family and the recipient will receive the full dollar amount sent

PP'd you about $50 yesterday

Weather had me thinking about chili

Comment

Not sure PayPal even gets that money, probably goes to Visa MC, etc. Any time you pay with a CC somebody somewhere eats that 3% or so fee the CC's charge.

Comment

I knew this but apparently the people buying things from me didn’t!

Comment

Hmmm ok, come on Saturday!

Comment

There are tons of other options!

Google Pay
                    Cash app
                    Venom
                    Gazelle

Comment

I bet they did know, they may not have known you and werent going to take a chance on getting stiffed.

Comment

I sent money using friends and family about a month ago and they hit me with nearly 4% in fees. It is better for me to overpay by 3% and use the credit card option because I get back 1% in rewards.

Comment

This has happened to me a ton on here

But it’s the safe way but wish the buyer would clarify which method they are going to use so the sell price can be adjusted or the 3% difference could be split.

Comment

Pea gravel

Comment

Its called capitalism

Comment

Working...
                              X