Rattle snake killing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattle snake killing?

I have to kill a rattle snake or two on my porch every year. I used a hoe and my father in-law tonight haha. I had my 12 gauge and 20 gauge but I don't like to use them on the porch. What would be the best guys or weapon. What do u guys use? Thanks in advance

Why does my head hurt after reading this? I guess a shovel or hoe like you said. How did you use your father in law to kill a snake? Did you throw him at it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Last one I killed was with a set of loppers and cut his head off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought about getting a judge and some 9 shot 410.

Comment

I use a machete.

Comment

6’ sorting stick... or just be a man and stomp its head.

Comment

22 with snake shot

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Step on their head and cut it off....I've pulled their head off before but you gotta be careful. If you try that on dirt they can slip out from under your foot. Got scratched one time doing that.

A shovel or anything you can hit them with works though. Rope with a knot in it,chain,piece of pipe,2x4,ect.

If you ever use a chain don't get too crazy with it. You can drag them back to you.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 08-15-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

I stomped this copperhead a few weeks back. He thought it’d be cool to hang out in the shop with me. I was wearing Work boots.

A flat hoe is a handy tool for taking care of venomous snakes. The AMES Companies, Inc Union Tools 7-Inch Welded Sidewalk Scraper - 81103 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00002N6EC..._t1pDBbGDF5JKB

Nonvenomous snakes just get relocated outside the shop. I catch a few rat snakes every year

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Heritage rough riser with 22wmr shot shells is what I have for snakes. Works like a charm plus they’re only around $200 so you don’t have to worry about having to take good care of it

Comment

Get some rat shot in either 357 or 22, whichever pistol you have. I've used the 357 on a rattler. Sucker dropped immediately.

Comment

Friends wife got bit by a copperhead getting out of the car the other day. Opened the door to her car and her first step out she got hit. Put her down for about 4 days.

When I was about 12 my friend swung at a Rattler with a Machete . I blinked as he swung at it. The snake avoided the chop and turned 180 and was on the way out of there in that blink. They are faster they lead on. Killed a bunch since then...

I have always used the shotgun. The further the better.

Comment

Seems like I've heard that the majority of snakebites occur when people are trying to kill them.

Comment

Working...
                              X