Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First hunt out of my Krivo Blind, best buck yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First hunt out of my Krivo Blind, best buck yet!

Long read
    I made the 8 hour roundtrip excursion to Georgetown on Wednesday to meet Mitch and pick up my new blind. I set it up on Thursday at a spot where we have seen a lot of traffic. I was going to hunt out of it Friday morning but my youngest son was heading back to law school and I did not want to miss him taking off. My wife and I decided to go hunting in the afternoon even though I was not that excited, seeing how the temperature was about 65 degrees and knowing the new blind had only been out one day, I feared the deer would be spooked by it still. I dropped my wife off at her favorite blind and corned her sendero on my way out. I looked through the rear view mirror and I could already see deer coming out to eat. So I thought to myself "Maybe the high temperature will not be a negative factor. I parked my pickup and began my 1/2 mile walk to the krivoblind. I have to walk a ways due to the fact there is not a good place to park that will not spook the deer. I got set up in my blind and realized I had forgotten my phone in the pickup. I knew it was around 4:20ish and did not want to go back and get my phone and risk ruining the hunt. Since I did not have any electronic entertainment I actually got to enjoy the outdoors. Not knowing the time was very akward but eventually the feeder went off and I knew it was 5pm. About 20 minutes later nothing was out and I just chalked it up to the deer not being acclimated to the blind. Finally a dow and a yearling came out and ate for a while. A young 8 pointer came out and ran both of the other two deer off and never returned. After what seemed like an eternity, I heard a loud crunching noise and saw a small reddish brown pig just eating away about 20 yards from me. I always carry an old arrow for pigs and very quietly and quickly changed my grim reaper setup to my older rage setup and told myself that "I am going to kill something on my first hunt out of this new blind". The small pig did not present itself with a clean shot but it was moving towards an opening where I would stick him. All of a sudden another doe came running by and was followed by my #1 buck on my kill list. He was a nice 11 pointer that was 5.5 to 6.5 years old and I had seen him on camera before. I had actually videoed him a while back and drew back on him at 20 yards before he decided to walk off. I was sick to my stomach for several days when I did not get the shot off a couple of weeks ago. Today he came in and was eating about 25 yards away. I had decided to go ahead and shoot him with my pig setup and then he walked off into the brush. At this time I changed back to my grim reaper and hoped he would come back out. He did come out but he would not stay long, he would eat and then go back into the brush. The fourth time he came out he gave me a perfect broadside look, I raised my Elite bow and drew back on him and let the majestic arrow fly. I knew I had great arrow placement and he jumped up as soon as he was struck. I saw him run off and made visual reference points of where he went. I waited about 15 minutes and then walked the opposite way back to my truck and went and picked up my wife. We came back and began the trail. I first found the arrow with blood all the way down the shaft. We quickly got on the blood trail even though it was faint early on, it began to get heavier as we followed it. My wife did a great job of staying on the trail, I refer to her as "eagle eye" cause she can find anything. We found him about 30 yards from where ge was shot. I had double lunged him and was about 2 inches higher than I thought. Great hunt out of a new blind on our South Texas low fence ranch. The Krivoblind provided a great opportunity for a kill with nice window openings for a confident shot and pleanty of space to draw back out of. I am fired up about my best bow kill on our ranch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Congrats man! Nice deer, nice blind and best of all, you hung in there and closed the deal with a bow!

Comment

He’s a good un! Congrats

Comment

Congrats
        Great buck !

Comment

Nice deer!

Comment

Congrats on a dandy of a buck.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice buck, congrats

Comment

Heck of a deer. Congrats!

Comment

Nice buck, congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on the great buck, and your new blind.
                      Hunting out of a Krivoman will spoil you, for sure.

Comment

Congrats! Great deer and story.

Comment

Awesome buck!
                          Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                            Congratulations on the great buck, and your new blind.
                            Hunting out of a Krivoman will spoil you, for sure.
                            I have hunted out of potbelly blinds with the gun windows for years and this new bow blind definitely was a heck of a lot better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice buck, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X