bump fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump fire?

when bump fire stocks first came out. the total price as I recall were just at 79.00 well I must say. you are a D> S> if you place 500.00 to get one.

When I looked at getting one several years ago they were $300 at a local sporting store. I thought that was crazy high for as cheaply made as they seemed to me then. I would like to play with one for about an hour but have no desire to purchase one.

Comment

sorry. I don't recall the true amount. but it sticks in my mind at about 80.00

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
        when bump fire stocks first came out. the total price as I recall were just at 79.00 well I must say. you are a D> S> if you place 500.00 to get one.
        Drunk Sa!lor?

Bump *****?

D1p *****?

Deranged Ser!al K1ller?

Late night post? Did you mean to say 'The total price 'comma' as I recall 'comma' WAS just 79.00'...'You are a Dumb Sh1it' if you PAY 500.00 to g3t one' ??

Comment

Why couldnt you just put a spring behind a cheap mil spec stock after removing the adjustment pin

Comment

just checked it. bump fire were 89.00 now slide fire were 289.00 posted prices 2011 sorry if I made a mistake on words.

Comment

For the record; my post was meant to be light hearted. I was not trying to flame the OP.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                Why couldnt you just put a spring behind a cheap mil spec stock after removing the adjustment pin
                ATF has ruled the spring as a machine gun in the past.

You can make a bumpfire stock. You need to remove the pin, affix the pistol grip to the stock with a piece of bar stock, tap the safety detent hole and put a set screw in it to capture the spring and detent, then build up a place to rest your finger.

When Slide fire put out the first stocks they were around $300.

Bump fire solutions made one for <$100 bucks. Slide fire sued them and put them out of business.

Comment

Just get a rubberband and place it over the fingernails of your thumb and index finger. Practice pretending to squeeze a trigger really fast. You're welcome.

Comment

I bought one from Sportsman's guide (I think) several years ago. I didn't like it. It seemed cheaply made and it was hard to accurately shoot with it.

Comment

I have seen a few on Texas gun trader for a grand. I am sure someone will buy them for fear they will be banned.

Comment

What’s the point of a bump stock? It’s inaccurate and unreliable. Is it just to look cool at your range?? Get a auto sear pin

Comment

Save the money, train your trigger finger!

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                            What’s the point of a bump stock? It’s inaccurate and unreliable. Is it just to look cool at your range?? Get a auto sear pin
                            Probably because a registered drop in auto sear is 15 to 20 thousand dollars. A slide fire stock is less than $300. They are fun for a little while. Expensive to shoot. I've had 2 buddies buy them, one sold his after the novelty wore off, the other just doesn't use it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                              Sear pins are an item that needs to be registered with the NFA and cost around 5K-10K.

Yes, they are inaccurate, but I don't understand the unreliability comment, the ones I have seen and played with were very reliable. The point is to play with and nothing more in my opinion

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              Probably because a registered drop in auto sear is 15 to 20 thousand dollars. A slide fire stock is less than $300. They are fun for a little while. Expensive to shoot. I've had 2 buddies buy them, one sold his after the novelty wore off, the other just doesn't use it anymore.
                              Same experience here. I know a couple of guys who have taken them off and just have them in their closet. They will wear a barrel out if you just keep running magazines through them.

Comment

Working...
                              X