Covert Blackhawk troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert Blackhawk troubles

Has anyone had an issue with their camera taking pics regularly?? I have mine set on every 3 mins and the camera is taking and sending them every 3-6 mins (it’s done this twice in two different areas now) I’ve had other cams on the same spots and no false triggers and i have the covert set on low sensitivity. Not sure if anyone’s had this issue and what may be causing it. I’m at several hundred pics in 24 hrs....

I haven’t gotten a pic in several days from mine. I’ve tried to manually take a pic and it says the signal was successfully sent but no pic ever shows up. I was thinking of doing to upgrade to lte model but I’m kinda fed up with the hit or miss pictures being sent. That was the whole reason I bought the camera

Comment

I have one running in Kansas with Verizon
      no troubles yet. took 70 pics today ( of deer )

Comment

No problems with runaways here in almost 2 years on three cameras..

FND had a problem once and ended up being a leaf in front of the sensor stuck to the camera flapping I believe.

Comment

Yep when it’s warm mine sucks! I also can’t contol it with the app ever. I’ve got one that’s several years old that’s great but the new one so far is junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            No problems with runaways here in almost 2 years on three cameras..

FND had a problem once and ended up being a leaf in front of the sensor stuck to the camera flapping I believe.
            This same cam did this is Mexico and now here its right next to another cam i have two at every spot and it’s got 115 I’m at 1500 plus now

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              This same cam did this is Mexico and now here its right next to another cam i have two at every spot and it’s got 115 I’m at 1500 plus now

I would be on the phone or chat with Covert looking for a replacement then..

Comment

Not a covert....

I have a Bushnell that started doing that a couple weeks ago. Took 2000 pics in 2000 min. I know it's a diff cam, but they're most likely the same type guts and most likely same faulty part(s).

I changed it to low sensitivity and 3 min delay.

Then it took 6000 min to take 2000 pics!

I threw it under my back seat, in case someone needs parts off it later.......

Comment

Ya I’ll reach out to them this morning can already pretty much guess what they’re gonna do.... “we can’t fix it but for $150 well upgrade it”...it’s still under warranty i want it fixed or replaced

Comment

Ok well they gave me a how to email on updating the firmware that didn’t correct it. Spoke to the again this am and told me sounds like my sad card went bad. That i need to replace it had anyone had a sd card go bad an cause this issue?

Comment

Ok well they gave me a how to email on updating the firmware that didn’t correct it. Spoke to the again this am and told me sounds like my sad card went bad. That i need to replace it had anyone had a sd card go bad an cause this issue?

I’m running a Code Black LTE. I’ve had the issue with it having a bunch of false triggers. Not constant all day and night, but pretty consistent every day regardless of sensitivity level. Covert said it was because of the heat triggering the PIR. Cool weather now and still getting false triggers during the day even set to low sensitivity.

It stopped sending pics on Saturday, and couldn’t get a real time pic. I figured it might be need to be rebooted. Rebooted it on Monday, checked for upgrades, and synced with website. It sent one pic and then stopped again. Thought maybe the batteries were getting low and causing problems. Put fresh batteries today and it still wouldn’t send. It suddenly started throwing a bunch of errors. Couldn’t browse the pics, couldn’t take manual pic, couldn’t check for updates, nothing. Brought it home. PC says that SD car is corrupted and needs to be formatted. Couldn’t get any pics off the card. Formatted SD card and now all is back to normal.

This thing has been a PITA since the beginning. All issues thus far seem to be firmware, software, or web related. Hopefully they’ll get the kinks worked out sooner or later. Sheesh. Desperately need to buy another wireless cam, but won’t pull the trigger because I’m afraid to buy another Covert. Covert was supposed to be the best based on my research before buying this one. If they’re the best, I’d hate to see the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DowneyDigs View Post
                        I’m running a Code Black LTE. I’ve had the issue with it having a bunch of false triggers. Not constant all day and night, but pretty consistent every day regardless of sensitivity level. Covert said it was because of the heat triggering the PIR. Cool weather now and still getting false triggers during the day even set to low sensitivity.

It stopped sending pics on Saturday, and couldn’t get a real time pic. I figured it might be need to be rebooted. Rebooted it on Monday, checked for upgrades, and synced with website. It sent one pic and then stopped again. Thought maybe the batteries were getting low and causing problems. Put fresh batteries today and it still wouldn’t send. It suddenly started throwing a bunch of errors. Couldn’t browse the pics, couldn’t take manual pic, couldn’t check for updates, nothing. Brought it home. PC says that SD car is corrupted and needs to be formatted. Couldn’t get any pics off the card. Formatted SD card and now all is back to normal.

This thing has been a PITA since the beginning. All issues thus far seem to be firmware, software, or web related. Hopefully they’ll get the kinks worked out sooner or later. Sheesh. Desperately need to buy another wireless cam, but won’t pull the trigger because I’m afraid to buy another Covert. Covert was supposed to be the best based on my research before buying this one. If they’re the best, I’d hate to see the worst.

I had to send it in 2 weeks ago $25 and they fixed it out it back out yesterday works fine now

Comment

I had to send it in 2 weeks ago $25 and they fixed it out it back out yesterday works fine now

I’m on my way now to put mine back out (in the dark) to see how it does. I do wish I could figure out what is causing the false triggers.

Comment

More than likely it's the PIR sensor itself or the PIR circuitry not working properly.

Comment

I’m about to take a sledge hammer to mine.
                              It completely **** the bed. Won’t charge batteries and flash is donzo and this is after they had it last week because of the battery issue I sent it in for.... Received it back with the incorrect firmware and a newly broken flash...

Called and left a message Monday with no reply... Called again today and got a call a few hours after to send it back in under warranty to fix it and I’m paying 175$ to upgrade to a LTE camera...

Not happy but I need these dang cameras working since I’m 3.5 hours away...

Just hit a year old last month... Just frustration finally dropping all this coin to better cameras and have a 50% work ratio.... When they work they are awesome though
                              Last edited by 150class; 11-08-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X