Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    This is awesome, congratulations.

Is the 98 vette a 6.2?? If it's in the budget, you can likely find a very lightly used Eaton Blower at a good price that comes on the ZL1, CTS-V & Z06...bunch of track rats are taking their brand new cars & adding a larger one like the whipple. Here's a pick

The modding process is really crazy & some drag guys determined to get 1k at the tires!! I'm pretty happy with the stock HP but might be inclined to play after the wnty is out. You can't even add a CAI or catch can without a chance & kinda nice to know you can track a car & not worry about blowing a motor.
    My mechanic already talked to me about using super charger off of a CTS-V. we are just doing cam, injectors, headers, and tuner first. Who knows what may come next. She says she is even good with doing hood modifications. I see a transmission in the very near future.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
      My mechanic already talked to me about using super charger off of a CTS-V. we are just doing cam, injectors, headers, and tuner first. Who knows what may come next. She says she is even good with doing hood modifications. I see a transmission in the very near future.
      Very snazzy...you should keep us posted with pics of the progress. Does you mechanic have an idea would what the WHP will be with the current mod choices??

Good luck with the build & hope you don't run into any wallet sapping issues when they tear her down!! Was already curious about the tranny when you mentioned it.

Currently feel like I will keep this car long term & if modded down the road, they would be similar to your current choices. Unless GM can make a future rod with better looks & equal HP improvements than I can do modding, seems like it may be better $$$ spent. Having said that, gotta say it would be hard to not bite on a Camaro with the LT5 engine & have a track car with warranty. When the new 19 vette ZR1 was introduced most all the Camaro owners on the forum said GM would never put their flagship power plant in another model, but if they are offering it as a crate engine now?? Willing to bet it will happen on a gen7 ZL1 & Definitely would need a whole new design as there is no way the hood is going to clear.

Check out the lines of this Chevelle they used to debut the crate offering. Would be neat to actually see this car brought back from the past.

General Motors' most powerful production engine yet can now be ordered as a crate motor thanks to the folks at Chevrolet Performance. We're talking about the LT5 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 that's normally found in the 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. Straight out of the box, this beast of a motor is good for 755 horsepower and 715 pound-feet of torque. The LT5...

Comment

Research suspension. All the HP in the world wont matter if you cant hook it up. Im not sur what 60ft people are running in those cars, but I'd try to get down into 1.6 60ft at least. .1, a tenth on 60ft will net you around .2-.3 in the quarter I believe. You are leaving a lot on the table. She would drop at least a second off her ET if her 60ft was 1.6 compared to 2.3. Go slow, learning to launch can be hard, unless want buy some extra tires just for the strip. Look into suspension. You arnt even maximizing what you have.

Comment

Working...
        X