Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
    You did a great job biting your tongue.
    I tried LOL At least until it spilled over onto another thread.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Why don't they want water going over the spillway? Isn't that what spillways are for?
    Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    Once the water makes it to the spillway, there is no longer any control of the flow going down stream.
    This is what I would think.

Which is why I never understand why they don't stat releasing water sooner. Has to be something to do with avoiding lawsuits or some crap because we see it every time.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Travis - Raised expected rise to 695-700
      Last Reading: 695.89 Oct 17 2018 5:15AM

River inflow from the Llano have dropped. But Buchanan has 40-50k CFS headed it's way still from San Saba. Since Buchanan is full now they will have floodgates open for a few days minimum. So Travis may come up just a tad more as I doubt they release 50k CFS out of Mansfield.

Buchanan - Last Reading: 1018.76 Oct 17 2018 5:15AM
      1018 is full.
      Not Good!
      Lake level forecast: Lake Travis is expected to rise to 705 to 710 feet msl by Friday, Oct. 19
      Last Reading: 697.67 Oct 17 2018 12:00PM

Buchanan = 5 gates open now. 3 more to open today.

I'm really hoping they got tired up upping Lake Travis and are now over shooting with the 705-710 prediction.

Comment

Latest blurb from the Fox affiliate here in San Antonio.

AUSTIN, Texas — Lake Travis is now 129 percent full. The lake is considered full at 681 feet and as of 2 a.m. it was at 694.21 feet.

LCRA says the lake can rise up to one foot per hour, and they now expect Lake Travis expected to hit 705 to 710 feet by Friday.

The all time record is 710.44 feet in 1991.

Below is a list of properties that are threatened as the lake hits specific water levels:
        714 - Flow reaches and goes uncontrolled over the emergency spillway over Mansfield Dam at Lake Travis. Hundreds of homes around Lake Travis flood, many with water well over their roofs or in the second floor level.
        710 - Hundreds of homes around Lake Travis at Graveyard Point at Lakeway flood with water well over some roofs and into the second floor of lower homes.
        705 - Disastrous residential flooding of hundreds of homes occurs around Lake Travis at Graveyard Point at Lakeway, many with water over their roofs in up to 17 feet of water.
        700 - Many homes flood at Graveyard Point at Lakeway on Lake Travis, some with water to their roofs in up to twelve feet of water.
        695 - Lowest temporary and mobile homes in Graveyard Point at Lakeway on Lake Travis have up to seven feet of water in them.
        691 - The lowest permanent homes at Graveyard Point at Lakeway on Lake Travis flood. Several temporary homes are in several feet of water.
        688 - Lowest temporary and mobile homes at Graveyard Point at Lakeway on Lake Travis flood.
        685 - The lowest temporary and mobile homes at Lakeway at Graveyard Point on Lake Travis are threatened.
        The city of Lakeway and the Lakeway PD are currently monitoring the lake levels.

Comment

LCRA says they will open up to 8 gates on Mansfield dam. Previous record is 6 gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a disaster in the making. Ill be praying for those affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              LCRA says they will open up to 8 gates on Mansfield dam. Previous record is 6 gates.

If they open 8 gates that should release around 50k CFS which will be the same as what's coming in from Buchanan.

Sure wish they would have opened a gate or two Monday and then 3-4 early yesterday morning. Could have saved a lot of damage downstream and homes on Travis.

Comment

I pulled this from Twitter. Interesting statistic.

Lake Travis climbed 21 feet from noon Tuesday to noon Wednesday and is more than 100 percent full. In the last week, more water has been captured in Lake Travis than the city of Austin typically uses in four years.

Comment

Trees outside are from the previous pic...no bueno.

Comment

Dang! Texas has had he__ with water for the last 2 years!

Comment

10" here at my place in Brownwood last 7 days. 0" from May till Sept. From burned up to water everywhere, and still coming in thru the watergaps. Everyone be safe. Water is more powerful than you think.

Comment

They just said on the radio that Lake Travis is 137% full. First time ever they are opening all 8 gates.

Town Lake is already full so I'm guessing this will flood Cesar Chavez in downtown Austin.

Comment

11 million gallons a minute passing through Lake Travis with four flood gates open. Four more will open today.

Comment

We have a property on the lake in Spicewood and I remember in 1991 the water got up to 710 and was close to the barn in our yard. The lake still has quite a way to go to get up to that level. Hopefully it crests soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                              They just said on the radio that Lake Travis is 137% full. First time ever they are opening all 8 gates.

Town Lake is already full so I'm guessing this will flood Cesar Chavez in downtown Austin.
                              Stevie Rays statue will be under water?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post

Do you mean First street?

Comment

Working...
                                X