Who all stays in blind ALL day long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who all stays in blind ALL day long?

I don't do it all the time, but when the temp is right and the deer are moving I really enjoy spending the entire day in the box blind. I have a good comfortable chair, heater, lunch, and maybe even a mid-day drink option or two with me. Always see movement mid-day and sometimes almost constant depending on temp and rut. I only do this 5 or 6 days a year, but really look forward to those all day sits. How many of y'all do the same?

I hunted Hagerman all day both times I was drawn. I do it occasionally during the rut on the lease.

Comment

I've done a couple of all day sits...usually during the peak of the rut when bucks are running around during all hours of the day

Comment

If the hunt and conditions call for it sure. I don’t hunt to a schedule. If I’m tired of being there I leave if still enjoying it I may stay. Sure helps to see some form of activity to keep your morale high

Comment

I do occasionally.

Comment

I do, and have killed many big deer between the hours of 11-2:30!

Comment

When the conditions are just right, I will. Although I’ve found myself getting bored more easily in a blind so I’ve been getting out earlier, but will still hunt all day.

Comment

I do pretty much each time out, rut or not.

Comment

No, half he fun of going to the lease is being with buddies that I never see otherwise.

Comment

When hunting ground blind or pit blind. Not treestands.

Trailboss

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                      I do, and have killed many big deer between the hours of 11-2:30!
                      I would just go get in my blind at 1030 then I have sit all day a few times, I am just not that mad at them anymore, now if I had a sure enough monster in the area then I would give it a go again.

Comment

Never have and never will. I like to be back in camp eating breakfast by 10, quite possibly a nap and catch some college football before the evening hunt.

Comment

Every now and then I will. Usually NOT early in the year, I'd rather come back and watch some football or something during the heat of the day. When it's cold or weather is ideal, I'll stay out there. Although my lunch I pack is usually gone by 8am and then I start to get hungry later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                            When the conditions are just right, I will. Although I’ve found myself getting bored more easily in a blind so I’ve been getting out earlier, but will still hunt all day.
                            I tend to bring my tablet with lots of movies on it. Just plug in the headphones and enjoy. Just glance up every now and then. Keeps me from getting too bored and get to catch up on some movies I haven't had time to see yet.

Comment

Sat all day a number of times. First time was torture but it gets easier the more you do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X