Bownanza Rant!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bownanza Rant!!

Ok so how much did my wife enjoy Bownwnza? Enough to where now I have to spend double! My truck on the right, hers on the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LOGO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	25142245

But on a serious note, she raved about the food and how nice everyone was. She got to meet Michale and Mary and the list goes on......... Even A few good hearted people who were doing a TBH express for others I had sold things to. Just blew her mind that people who have never met would trust each other enough to hand over money and merchandise to another unknown party to be delivered to yet another unknown party.

Thanks to all of the hard working teams as well as the people who made this happen.

Oh and Michale, congrats on the show after introducing the family.

Michael

Your point is well taken though. TBH'ers are a special brotherhood.

Comment

blew her mind that people who have never met would trust each other enough to hand over money and merchandise to another unknown party to be delivered to yet another unknown party.
      Absolute best thing Ive ever seen! Ive met some great people on expresses. Had a guy stop by the house yesterday to haul a pit to a guy in Houston.... never met either one of them before... its like an underground railroad of good folks!

Comment

Linda saw the climbing sticks and she was like, what are those and how much did you spend [emoji16].
        Happy to help.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          Linda saw the climbing sticks and she was like, what are those and how much did you spend [emoji16].
          Happy to help.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
          That is funny right there, I don’t care who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Michael

Busted, my bad. Sorry Michael, got a little excited my wife was actually liking the whole Bownanza thing.

Comment

Looks like your wife gets it!

Great to meet you today Scott. Looking forward to our next trail crossing.

Comment

It is what we all do....looking forward to next year!

Comment

Folks, I had a REAL LARGE TIME today!! Sure good to see some of the old timers that had missed that last couple years... even you WCB!! Even Jerry H had a good time after AAA came and rescued him!! I'll let him tell THAT story And as always, the food was over the top!! Y'all ever heard of "COTTON CANDY PORK RIBS?!!!" well, see what you miss when you don't come to Bownanza... And fish fry battered ribs deep fried!! Oh man!

Michael, you got a good crew sir! Thank you for putting this shin-dig on! Only disappointin' thing was even the GOF's didn't even act like GOF's!

lookin' forward to next year already!!

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                    Ok so how much did my wife enjoy Bownwnza? Enough to where now I have to spend double! My truck on the right, hers on the left.

[ATTACH]900866[/ATTACH]

But on a serious note, she raved about the food and how nice everyone was. She got to meet Michale and Mary and the list goes on......... Even A few good hearted people who were doing a TBH express for others I had sold things to. Just blew her mind that people who have never met would trust each other enough to hand over money and merchandise to another unknown party to be delivered to yet another unknown party.

Thanks to all of the hard working teams as well as the people who made this happen.

Oh and Michale, congrats on the show after introducing the family.
                    Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Folks, I had a REAL LARGE TIME today!! Sure good to see some of the old timers that had missed that last couple years... even you WCB!! Even Jerry H had a good time after AAA came and rescued him!! I'll let him tell THAT story And as always, the food was over the top!! Y'all ever heard of "COTTON CANDY PORK RIBS?!!!" well, see what you miss when you don't come to Bownanza... And fish fry battered ribs deep fried!! Oh man!

Michael, you got a good crew sir! Thank you for putting this shin-dig on! Only disappointin' thing was even the GOF's didn't even act like GOF's!

I waited around for a little while to meet you, Charlie...but you were in high demand and I had to run so I'll just say here what I was going to say to you today...thank you for being you, sir I appreciate the love for mankind that you display on here every day. It doesn't go unnoticed

I didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked. My wife was tied up at an engagement that she had previously committed to, and called me to come get her. But I'll say this...the few folks that I was able to meet, it was a pleasure visiting with you all. Heck, I even enjoyed meeting rtp we may not see eye to eye on some things, but I was glad to shake your hand enjoyed the visit, sir

Smart, you were busy, but I meant what I said...I enjoy seeing all of your posts. And I couldn't care less what others think you keep me laughing, it's much needed entertainment for me and I'm glad I was able to speak to you, brief as it was

One other thing...my son came with me, and when we pulled into the parking lot, he was surprised. He said "dad, I wasn't expecting this many people. I thought it was gonna be 25-30 people like the Sam Houston get together that we went to". I was glad to hear the wonderment in his voice, knowing that he was kind of shocked that so many folks would come together just to visit one another. And thanks to GBird and TD2000 for making Riley feel welcome when we arrived.

Next year, I'm gonna make sure that my wife doesn't schedule something on the same day as Bownanza...I want her to come see why I visit TBH every day and meet some of the folks that she hears about so often

Comment

Michael

Glad you stayed home

to play spelling police........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Charlie, I have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

Michael

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                            Glad you stayed home

to play spelling police........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then there's this ^^^^ guy.

Had it not been the boss (Michael), and the fact he did it twice, I wouldn't not have let him know he spelled it wrong. Diamond S knew there was no ill will there. I guess that's the difference between an adult seeing that one word comment and you.

99.9% of TBH'ers are great guys. The other .01 could be if they pulled their head out and quit being an arse all the time. Thanks anyway for the comment

SLKOSS!

"Small things offend small minds."- Alfred Einstein
                            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-18-2018, 05:49 AM.

Comment

I’m happy I got a new Bownanza shirt. My 2013 model was getting worn out

Comment

Working...
                              X