What does a ranch survey cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does a ranch survey cost?

Is it done as price per acre, or is it determined on the shape and size? Trying to figure out what it would cost to survey a place.

Field time and office time ..

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
      Field time and office time ..
      Numbers? $$$$$$????

Comment

Following

Comment

check your inbox

Comment

There are way too many factors involved to even give a moderately legitimate answer without a lot more details.

Comment

Sorry, not game survey. Like a survey as in real estate survey. To identify property pins and boundaries

Comment

The short answer is it is going to be expensive. As stated above it all depends on field and office time. The office time is easier to estimate but the field time can very greatly depending on the terrain, size, and amount of improvements on the property.

Comment

Originally posted by txsurveyor View Post
                  The short answer is it is going to be expensive. As stated above it all depends on field and office time. The office time is easier to estimate but the field time can very greatly depending on the terrain, size, and amount of improvements on the property.
                  No improvements, pretty cleared fence lines/ property lines. Thick where not cleared. East Texas hills. Estimate per acre??

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                    No improvements, pretty cleared fence lines/ property lines. Thick where not cleared. East Texas hills. Estimate per acre??
                    I'd say anywhere from $5 to $1000 per acre. The larger the property the lower the price per acre.

Comment

1400 acres

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never seen surveys priced per acre. Surveyor's typically looking for factors you listed, like cleared/uncleared fence lines, creek/water features in the way or along boundaries, straight lines vs. turns, etc.

Comment

I had one done roughly that size ten or so years ago that cost around $3500 IIRC. The best thing to do is ask locally who does the best job at a reasonable price. Get three quotes. It sometimes depends on how busy they are. I had a small easy to do 18 acre parcel and got two quotes. $750 & $2750. So shop around.

Comment

I had our old place, 1533ac in Madison County, surveyed a few years ago. It was about $25k. They had a lot of field work due to lost property corners, grown up fence rows, a property consisting of many connected parcels and at least one encroachment. I used Access Surveying out of Beaumont and was very happy with their work.

Comment

Working...
                            X