No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I'm only 220-230 and not that seasoned. I started taking testosterone because I was feeling run down. Since taking that my cholesterol had skyrocketed. So I'm off it now. Hopefully it'll come down too.

Biggest problem is that switch that says I'm full, doesn't switch on until I'm pushing it down the back of my throat I'm so full. That's when it usually kicks on.

If I'd eat a normal portion, I'd probably drop 20-30 lbs quick....I'm just always hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
      So I am new to SHNF. Can anyone tell me where, when and how to hunt? Know any good locations?
      Thanks,
      Don't waste your time, no deer in the Sam.

Does anyone know a way to find where the burns will be in the forest? Was out Saturday and there were a couple going then. Would be nice to concentrate scouting elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
        Yeah, I topped out at 385. My Dr. told me how lucky I was that at 54 years old and 385 lbs., my cholesterol is perfect, blood pressure is great and no heart problems. Then she said I was pushing my luck, so I decided to do something about it.
        Proud for you, I need to drop a few myself and same age.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          Wow. I'm only 220-230 and not that seasoned. I started taking testosterone because I was feeling run down. Since taking that my cholesterol had skyrocketed. So I'm off it now. Hopefully it'll come down too.

Biggest problem is that switch that says I'm full, doesn't switch on until I'm pushing it down the back of my throat I'm so full. That's when it usually kicks on.

If I'd eat a normal portion, I'd probably drop 20-30 lbs quick....I'm just always hungry.
          I was that way, too. I've found that after I eat one normal portion, if I wait 10 to 15 minutes before getting seconds, I'm full. The problem is, I'm a typical southern boy, I love to eat, just because it's good!

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
          Proud for you, I need to drop a few myself and same age.
          Thanks! All of the encouragement I get helps keep me on track!
          I'm looking forward to sharing a fire with you guys this year, and maybe helping to trail, or skin one with y'all.
          Dave

Comment

We'll make it happen. I like to eat too. I try and wait, but that doesn't work. I can eat a late lunch at 4-4:30 and come home at 7 and eat 2 full plates of food. [emoji15] Trust me....that ain't good.

Comment

Does anyone know a way to find where the burns will be in the forest? Was out Saturday and there were a couple going then. Would be nice to concentrate scouting elsewhere.
              David i get emails from the forest service about proposed burn sites. But i figured out this year that they really do a lot more burning than what I'm told about. The Montgomery county fire marshals website had a map up of all the places being burned, at least in the county. There was a large portion being roasted

Comment

I stole this from a friend who shot it in Paris. I thought it was a fitting photo for here.

Comment

I saw that on Facebook. Very cool picher

Comment

Dmack is drunk and forgot which thread he belongs on

Comment

Took a picture of a spiral wrap flu-flu. No jig required. Just contact cememt and 2 full length uncut feathers per arrow.

Cheaper than traditional 6 fletch flu flus.

Edit: I am concerned about them getting hung up in a tree though. Figure best to make sure they are on lower limbs or on the trunk when using these.
                      Last edited by SwampRabbit; 04-05-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

That is interesting and i happen to have a bag full of full length feathers.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                          That is interesting and i happen to have a bag full of full length feathers.
                          Truflight sells some specifically for spiral wrap. They have less foam attached to the quill so they are easier to wrap. But when I started out, I used plain old regular quilled feathers because that is what I found at the store.
                          Last edited by SwampRabbit; 04-05-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Here is the link to the instructions.

Comment

David, IMHO the fresh burns shouldn't be avoided in your scouting plans. They can be very productive. I will give you a call after this weekend and we can chat about it further.

Well since SwampRabbitt decided to go hunt live critters instead of foam, it looks like it will be Holly and myself, Andy and Jason representing this thread in Vanderpool at the Bugscuffle Ranch this weekend. I will post some pics of the tourney but it wont be until Monday. Cell phone signal is extremely weak at the ranch and your lucky just to sneak a text out every now and then.

Comment

Good luck guys and gal.

Comment

Working...
                                X