Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travis, what bullet is that in your 458S round?

I've been loading 458S for 3 years now and have only loaded the 300gr hp's from Remington and Hornady so far.

Shooting them out of a Teppo Jutsu upper with a COMP M3 and it's a blast to shoot.

But always looking for a better bullet to load that could improve the range a bit.

It's a hog killer for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
      Guys, what kind of cases are y'all carrying your tactical long guns in....hard cases or tactical gear bags???

I'm looking at getting one of the tactical rifle soft cases. Just wanted to see what you guys recommend.
      I use this one. It has plenty of room and extra pockets. Eagle makes some good drag bags but not much padding. I plan on getting a hard case in the future and cutting the foam for my rifle and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
        Guys, what kind of cases are y'all carrying your tactical long guns in....hard cases or tactical gear bags???

I'm looking at getting one of the tactical rifle soft cases. Just wanted to see what you guys recommend.
        Voodoo tactical soft case here as well....they are sweet.

Comment

this has my interest piqued

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            nothing a file wont fix, or a new hand guard .

if this thing uses regular AR handguards, then you can find all KINDS of rails for it! go to www.bravocompanyusa.com and look at their stock. the sky is the limit, and the Midwest Industries two piece rail is the ****nit for the price.
            I actually looked in to what the difference is between a Weaver and a Picatinny rail. I think I'll just have to file a few of the gaps a little wider because I was thinking the rod wasn't fitting in the gap properly. After reading about the difference, I'm almost certain that's what it is. I'd just go buy a new one but I have to let the bank account cool for a little bit before the 'boss' starts getting annoyed.

Comment

I own and carry in a Voodoo tac case

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                I own and carry in a Voodoo tac case
                same here ..

Comment

That is an AWESOME .458, Travis. Hog slaying machine!

Comment

mesquitecountry , did you get the 458 from Marty ?

Comment

In choosing my fake can.....should I go with a thread on that attaches at the end of my 16" barrel or the one that threads on differently? This would give the apprearance of a 10.5" barrel.

I am torn between the two

This is for my sig 556 er.

Comment

Does anyone know anything about this set up...is it really restricted to le & military??

B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. develops and supplies optoelectronic and related products used for Aerospace, Defense, Security and Law Enforcement.

I have a buddy / customer who wants to buy one but I am not even familiar with the concept...is this a better mouse trap for killing pigs at night??

Comment

Here is a couple I built this month first one is a rem 700 tactical, barrel pulled and rechambered to 223AI and threaded 5/8-24, action blueprinted, trued and squared,b&c stock,sightron SIII on 20moa base.

The next started life as a new 700 aac-sd, pulled the barrel, set it back and rechambered with match reamer, blueprinted the action, installed new fluted bolt, cerakoted sniper gray and mounted in a hs stock with just a burris 4.5-14 in dnz mounts, still need to do the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Does anyone know anything about this set up...is it really restricted to le & military??

B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. develops and supplies optoelectronic and related products used for Aerospace, Defense, Security and Law Enforcement.

I have a buddy / customer who wants to buy one but I am not even familiar with the concept...is this a better mouse trap for killing pigs at night??
                            I believe IR lasers are LE/MIL only.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                              mesquitecountry , did you get the 458 from Marty ?
                              The 458 came from Tom Miller. It was his and I talked it off him.

True IR is regulated by the FDA. Not regulated by BATFE. It is possible to find PEQ's on the market or older laser designator's you have no way to get them fixed if you break them unless you are an LEO.

If he really wants one it can be bought, but honestly I wouldn't waste the jack. It's going to run him 1400-2000. As technically you are not supposed to own one.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                                True IR is regulated by the FDA. Not regulated by BATFE. It is possible to find PEQ's on the market or older laser designator's you have no way to get them fixed if you break them unless you are an LEO.

If he really wants one it can be bought, but honestly I wouldn't waste the jack. It's going to run him 1400-2000. As technically you are not supposed to own one.
                                ~~~

He was thinking they would be more like $5k trav....I receive guns for this customer that are worth more than I make in an entire year, so the $$$$ is not the problem.

He's asked me to help him get one and I'm asking some le compadres to do some digging as well. Just wondering why this ir set up is more desirable to him over the newer generation NV / thermal.

Comment

Working...
                                X