Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landowner BS... guess I’m looking for a lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
    If LO needs the money I'm sure he could lease it out for more if he didn't show up out there. Make it truly exclusive lease and charge more. That being said, how many of you would be willing to pay a greatly reduced rate of normal lease price if the owner retained some hunting rights? For instance, he retained exclusive use for 3 weekends during season of lease and cabin but other than that they would never be on property unless you requested a repair being made. Lets say a 1000 acres at $6 an acre rather that $10 or $12.
    That's perfectly fine, IF agreed upon in advance.

Let's not forget, LO might not even know what's going on. Seems like son-in-law might be overstepping. Just a guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
      The rules say you can’t have multiple accounts.

There're called drop tines......

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Let's not forget, LO might not even know what's going on. Seems like son-in-law might be overstepping. Just a guess...
        I think we’ve all seen multiple leases ruined where this has been exactly the case.

Great LO...
        Great lease...
        Then LO’s idiot SIL comes in & screws things up...
        Idiot SIL gets away with it because LO doesn’t want to upset his little baby girl by putting SIL back in his lane...

I know of a great one west of Freer completely ruined because of this exact scenario...

Comment

Cant say I blame you OP. Sounds like some shaddy business going on. Move on and find yourself something better.

Comment

I don't know if its shady or not. Sounds like a soft lease agreement. LO doesn't charge what lease is worth and then expects because they discount they should be able to hang out when they want and maybe hunt when tenants are absent. Out of curiosity, what are y'all paying per acre?

Comment

Would have ****** me off too. But I’d have gone directly to LO.

Comment

I don't know if its shady or not. Sounds like a soft lease agreement. LO doesn't charge what lease is worth and then expects because they discount they should be able to hang out when they want and maybe hunt when tenants are absent. Out of curiosity, what are y'all paying per acre?
                lol...thought you already had it pegged at $6, vs. say $10 or $12.

Comment

I got off a great lease in Dhanis for this very same reason, there is no excuse for charging full price to hunt your property and then you n your family hunt the renters stuff, a better financial deal must be made. The land owners here are dead wrong,

Comment

Wait...................What??
                    I have no dog in this fight, but after hearing from both sides, the SIL is still not the LO. What he said is like me renting a furnished house from him and come home and find his kids on the couch watching TV, because it's a Big srceen TV and he bought it. Afterall, they're only watching TV.
                    Then he stated there is another place where he hunts. That is where he should have taken the kid to "watch" the wildlife, not in a blind leased by one of the hunters.
                    Then the helicopter thing. There are other ways to control coyotes till deer season is over. And if you think for one minute it don't bother the deer you are only fooling yourself.
                    Fence building, not a big deal UNLESS they decided to drop off a D9 and clear a big swap around it.
                    I'm willing to bet the LO knows nothing about this, other than what the SIL wants him to know.

Comment

Dang, this got good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        lol...thought you already had it pegged at $6, vs. say $10 or $12.
                        what are you talking about? I think the LO is completely in the wrong. Pegged at what? Are you OK?

Comment

If LO needs the money I'm sure he could lease it out for more if he didn't show up out there. Make it truly exclusive lease and charge more. That being said, how many of you would be willing to pay a greatly reduced rate of normal lease price if the owner retained some hunting rights? For instance, he retained exclusive use for 3 weekends during season of lease and cabin but other than that they would never be on property unless you requested a repair being made. Lets say a 1000 acres at $6 an acre rather that $10 or $12.
                          He is talking about this ^^^^

Comment

That was a hypothetical. It was phrased as a question. How is that difficult to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                              I agree face to face is usually best. That said I was a "co-manager" on a lease near Uvalde a while back. I asked the land owner during a face to face, what she'd want from us to get bow season hunting allowed on my side of the 5500 acre ranch? We were told by the other lease manager that bow hunting was allowed, but not before gun season. She told me that she'd always allowed bow season hunting and didn't understand the issue??? The other lease manager had been there longer and obviously had kept that under his hat. He was highly overweight and I couldn't see him climbing into a tree stand. He later told me that he felt that hunting bow season gave an undue advantage over the "rifle only" hunters. The next season I decided to pull up my 3 stakes after the other manager informed me that 2 extra hunters were added (22 to 24) we had 2 houses and both guys were gonna stay at mine, prices went up from $2150 to $2350, and harvest numbers went down from county max (2 buck and 3 doe) to 1 buck and 0 doe. No names of Ranch, land owner or managers were mentioned here. BTW I'm looking for a new lease too, for 5 to 10 hunters (chemical plant operators) from Brazoria County.
                              Out of curiosity, are they trailer houses?

Comment

I think we day hunted this ranch a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X