No announcement yet.

Trump and Carrier strike a deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've opened two businesses and in both cases sought after and received Tax Abatement at both the city and county levels. Isn't that the way it works?

Comment

The state of Indiana gave them a tax break (negotiated) and the patent company also had a huge stake in the deal because of their govt contracts. Like it or not each state had that right to exercise taxation and that is ultimately what creates competition between states. Bottom line is that Carrier gets to keep more of its money to invest in the company ad they see fit and private companies are always better at spending their money than the govt is whether it is state or federal. Some will complain about Trump no matter what he does and that is just how it is going to be.

Comment

Quote: "Essentially, trump is doing nothing different than Obama did handing out favorable tax credits to build all these "green" projects. It's just a different industry."

The difference is that all the "green" companies like Solyndra did not actually make a viable product that anyone could use.

Carrier certainly does.

The Green's did not ever make a profit so no tax was ever due, so he could not give tax breaks or tax credits to them

Most of Obama's deals with the Green's
        actually were cash grants or government loans that were never paid back.
        I suspect most of the government money lined the pockets of the failed executives who in turn supported Obama or his Democrat buddies.

VERY different than some tax relief to a viable product making, tax paying established business like Carrier.
        Last edited by texasair; 12-02-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
          The state of Indiana gave them a tax break (negotiated) and the patent company also had a huge stake in the deal because of their govt contracts. Like it or not each state had that right to exercise taxation and that is ultimately what creates competition between states. Bottom line is that Carrier gets to keep more of its money to invest in the company ad they see fit and private companies are always better at spending their money than the govt is whether it is state or federal. Some will complain about Trump no matter what he does and that is just how it is going to be.
          I agree, but where did you get your information on Indiana giving a tax break? There is little to no reference to a state tax break that I have seen. Not doubting, just want to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by DFlores View Post
            Fact: Unemployment rate is 4.9%, lowest in past 9 years
            Fact: November Job Numbers increase by 178,000

Why are we talking about a one thousand job stunt, drop in the ocean?
            Not fact.... not fact at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Apples and oranges. Giving tax breaks to attract Business or in this case, keep Business in your state/country is what capitalism is about. Why do you think the textile manufacturing is so strong in the southeast, in particular North and South Carolina? Tax breaks to attract businesses in order to employ local residence. It's pure economics.

As far as the government involving themselves in the market, they pass ridiculous regulations that effect the market all the time. And not positively I might add.
              i live in south carolina and all i see are closed down textile mills rotting to the ground

Comment

Trump will impress me when he stops foreign beef from being sold here!!!! Foreign beef will kill the American cattlemen.

Comment

that unemployment number is about as useful as teets on a boar.

it has no consideration for people who've left the workforce, or have been on unemployment so long, they can no longer get benefits. It also has nothing that factors lost wages, or people that are working lower paying jobs due to loss of higher wage jobs.

quality, not quantity. 500 people getting laid off that were making 100K a year each, who now make 25K a year is not a good thing because "jobs were created"

Comment

^i believe those are fudged numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      that unemployment number is about as useful as teets on a boar.

it has no consideration for people who've left the workforce, or have been on unemployment so long, they can no longer get benefits. It also has nothing that factors lost wages, or people that are working lower paying jobs due to loss of higher wage jobs.

quality, not quantity. 500 people getting laid off that were making 100K a year each, who now make 25K a year is not a good thing because "jobs were created"
                      ^bingo

Comment

This explains a lot...I know Trump will always have his critics. I can say this, at least he's trying. Obama did nothing and had ZERO leadership. We have been a lost nation the last 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                          Trump will impress me when he stops foreign beef from being sold here!!!! Foreign beef will kill the American cattlemen.

Amen

Comment

Donald Trump said that he reached a deal with Carrier to keep 1,000 high-paying manufacturing jobs in Indiana, when they were set to go to Mexico.

Comment

Lol. Drinking that koolaid. I bet you are just as shocked and sad, as Hollywood and the media, that Trump got elected.

Comment

Originally posted by diamondrules View Post
                                i live in south carolina and all i see are closed down textile mills rotting to the ground
                                Yep. See my post #37. it will continue if something doesn't change. If a Buisness can't be profitable, it will either shut down or move out of the country. Either way, American workers lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X