This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I wasn’t talking about Sumlin vs Jimbo’s staff in regards to coaching ability. I was talking about the perception his staff is more known for their recruiting ability vs their coaching ability. My point being, this all-star recruiting staff won’t be to far ahead of Sumlin’s recruiting classes since Sumlin did recruit well.
    Oops..I thought you were talking about rankings after each season. Not for recruiting. But you did mention the staff is better built to recruit than coach.
    Last edited by JeffK; 08-03-2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      First time I can remember we've gone into Louisiana and took a recruit over LSU / Alabama.

I guess you could say Speedy Noil, not sure if Bama was pushing though, but this guy attends HS on LSU campus at that University Lab they have, and plays CB / WR for his HS at 225#. Set a power clean record of 375#, basically he's a physical stud and hopefully will produce in the future.

Hopefully Jimbo can get some wins on the field and keep train rolling.
      He no longer even had a committable offer from LSU. They backed off on him a long time ago. Not to say he isn't a good player but there are other positions of need they are looking at for players.

Comment

It starts today.

This is my little boy when he was born 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not college but interesting.

He has his work cut out for him as the team is 1-5. Good Luck Johnny!

Comment

I am pumped for the first day of Fall camp.

Comment

Let the grind begin! Set the tone...

Comment

The time is now. Win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  The time is now. Win.

Yep Beat OU!!

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                    Not college but interesting.

He has his work cut out for him as the team is 1-5. Good Luck Johnny!

I have a bad feeling he will be running for his life, and his receivers aren't going to know what to do when he scrambles. I hope he brings the level of play of his teammates up a notch because he will need it to have any success.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                      He no longer even had a committable offer from LSU. They backed off on him a long time ago. Not to say he isn't a good player but there are other positions of need they are looking at for players.

No no... that doesn’t fit the narrative.

Comment

Another year! Let go Horns! Time to bring the pain

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          Oops..I thought you were talking about rankings after each season. Not for recruiting. But you did mention the staff is better built to recruit than coach.

Sumlin recruited okay against the Big 12 schools. But A&M has moved on past that. Jimbo needs to and currently is winning battles for our main Texas targets against Bama, LSU, Clemson, Georgia, etc. Sumlin got some good Texas players, but the SEC has been able to come in and pick whoever they wanted from Texas the past decade. That has to change.

There were very few players that left A&M a far better player than when they arrived under Sumlin. Aggies everywhere are hoping Jimbo will develop players a lot better than the previous staff.

Comment

I am impressed that the boots actually look a little worn and not brand new just staged for the picture.

I wonder if he is really watching film or just watching the Wheel of Fortune wondering how many years before he gets fired and collects the rest of that 75 Million!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                              Sumlin recruited okay against the Big 12 schools. But A&M has moved on past that. Jimbo needs to and currently is winning battles for our main Texas targets against Bama, LSU, Clemson, Georgia, etc. Sumlin got some good Texas players, but the SEC has been able to come in and pick whoever they wanted from Texas the past decade. That has to change.

There were very few players that left A&M a far better player than when they arrived under Sumlin. Aggies everywhere are hoping Jimbo will develop players a lot better than the previous staff.

Surely this post is a joke, right?

Comment

We are three days into the worst month of the year… Everyone is out of material, weak smack is everywhere, revisionist history abounds! Just hold on boys, watch a little practice if it makes you feel better… There will be actual football soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X