Anyone Spray insulate + built out a CONTAINER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Spray insulate + built out a CONTAINER

I am looking for ideas and info on getting a storage container , having it spray foamed and then making it a bunkhouse.

Want to put a Wall-door-window inside the steel doors about 2’-3’.

Put a small room t end for toilet/shower and right outside the wall have a small counter top/sink area as well.

*Water hook up would be w a HOSE from outside / through wall to supply to rowlett, shower and sink w an inline “propane” instant heat system so both the shower and sink have hot water.

Thinking - keep it simple w a drain that will take all water and toilet outside @ 1 spot for ease of “redneck septic”.

For electricity- rudimentary set up w 6-7 plugs so I can connect a generator outside for supply

Anyone done this ?

Thought about it a thousand times.
    But I decided I don’t spend enough time at the lease to warrant the time and money.
    But I hope you do and take us along for the build out.

BP

Comment

There is a thread in the campfire section on this.

Comment

I built out a 40' high cube.

Built all the walls at the house then just assembled and insulated once I got to our place. Walls, ceiling, insulation, and electrical all in one day.

I left about 10' on one end to park the ranger and lock it up.

I don't have update pictures but it now has a set of bunk beds, a day bed with trundle, and a small kitchen area with a mini fridge.

With the high cube you can have 8' walls and slide the ceiling framing in place if you choose to prefab the walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What did you use to attach the framed walls to the container?

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
            What did you use to attach the framed walls to the container?

I screwed the walls down to the floor then pushed the top of the wall flush to the container and screwed it to the ceiling framing. No holes in the container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive always wanted to do something like this but i wonder how much it would weigh built. I know it wouldnt be "portable" but you know how leases go now days

Comment

You might consider buying the below and altering it.

Comment

No bathroom, mine is only a 20ft, because I wanted it mobile.

I built a bathroom on a smaller trailer, but has a shower with hot water and a toilet...and sink outside.

I wouldn't do spray foam again because of the cost and mess. I would just use a good vapor barrier and fiberglass insulation. I was quoted $1800 to do my 20 footer, and that's with me bringing it to them. The Tiger foam kit was $700 I think, but could have used 2 of them. Some on the bottom would help too since mine is elevated on a trailer.

Comment

Working...
                  X