No announcement yet.

Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody seeing any rut activity around Lampasas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
      Anybody seeing any rut activity around Lampasas?

Im up the road in Saba, but its pretty early for the rut in this area. About a month early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No rut activity yet. Sat this morning and it was the most action I’ve had so far this season. Three bucks out early and a shooter 8 that stayed around 100 yards and never came close enough. The 8 sparred with a two other bucks but, just tickled the horns and nothing serious. This cold front might get them a little frisky (wishful thinking).

Comment

Got my plots in today, hopefully good rain this coming week and looking forward to cooler temps!

Comment

Any updates or pictures from anybody? I still haven't made it down since season started. Gonna be making my first sit of the year this next Friday before the gun opener and will be at the lease through Tuesday I think. I cannot wait! Hope they are on their feet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
              Any updates or pictures from anybody? I still haven't made it down since season started. Gonna be making my first sit of the year this next Friday before the gun opener and will be at the lease through Tuesday I think. I cannot wait! Hope they are on their feet

Got about 8” of rain after I planted my plots, I was afraid it washed out the seed, bit looks like I got good germination. Seeing tons of deer, my target shooter bucks included. Didn’t have any time to get the bow out this season, planning to hunt the rifle opener. Did a little sighting in this weekend with an old custom gun I got awhile back.

Comment

Some beautiful wood on that rifle! I'm hoping the big buck I had on camera in August and early September shows back up. He's the only one I've had on camera this year that got me excited.

Comment

Some beautiful wood on that rifle! I'm hoping the big buck I had on camera in August and early September shows back up. He's the only one I've had on camera this year that got me excited.

Got a pic of said buck? I’m getting excited for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
                    Got a pic of said buck? I’m getting excited for you.
                    Yeah I think I have one on my phone but it's not the best

Comment

Yeah I think I have one on my phone but it's not the best

Whoa...I remember seeing that pic now. Hope you catch up to him.

Comment

Those pics were from end of August and when I checked cameras at the end of September he hadn't been on either camera he was regularly showing up on. Hoping he was just hammering the acorns and didnt wander off too far. I would like for him to score with all the does on our place if nothing else Haha

Comment

Taxidermist

Who's the best Taxidermist to use? I will be using someone local to Lampasas this year if i kill one big enough, the new LA laws are retarded.
                          Last edited by MatthewStatum; 10-30-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewStatum View Post
                            Who's the best Taxidermist to use? I will be using someone local to Lampasas this year if i kill one big enough, the new LA laws are retarded.

I’d call Tommy he’s local there and a good dude

+1 (512) 799-1958

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I thought P&R Processing did a good job on my brother’s black buck. They’re about 15 miles S of Lampasas on 183.

Comment

Working...
                                X