So Proud of Her and Her Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Proud of Her and Her Buck

MY WIFE, I’M SO PROUD OF HER!!!! Well the story really starts last year when Tanya harvested her first ever animal; she took a very nice doe with her recurve. I sat with Tanya all last year so she could get the feel of what hunting was all about and give what little knowledge i have to her. We had a great 10 point buck come in last year but just as she came to full draw he bolted. I believe that buck has haunted her since that encounter. Tanya wanted so badly to take a buck but it just wasn’t in the cards last year but that was Last Year.
    Now we move to this year, we had decided after all the hunting we did together last year and earlier this year that Tanya was ready to sit in the blind by herself and experience this hunting thing one on one. Well we went out on opening day and Tanya saw several does, young bucks, javis and turkey but nothing worth messing up her hunt for a buck. I saw several young bucks, does and javi. We communicated through out the hunt by text (isn’t technology great) so I could make sure she felt comfortable. When we got back to the truck we discussed what we had all seen (Tanya, me and Creig) during the morning and evening hunts. I could tell Tanya was really enjoying seeing all of God’s creations.
    The next morning we all got to our stands a little before 6am and waited for daylight. I was sitting in my blind watching some young bucks when they took off like they we’re on fire. I heard something running towards my blind when all the sudden I had 8 coyotes pass by at mach 3. I finally got my heart rate back down when I received a text from Tanya at 8:10am stating she had just shot a nice 8 pt buck. I began texting questions back like how far, how big, when, where was your hit, etc. She tried to answer as well as she could but I could tell she was shook up. I told Tanya to stay in the blind and that I would be there around 9:30am and we would begin the search. I arrived at her blind around 9:45am and she got out and I gave her the biggest hug and kiss to congratulate her but she was ready to find her buck. Tanya stated she thought she heard a crash but she said she didn’t know what a deer crashing sounded like. I told her you know it when you hear it. She showed me where the buck was standing when she shot him. The buck was about 18 yards from the blind. We immediately found blood (good blood), we followed the blood trail. We found Tanya’s arrow about 20 yards from where she shot him. We walked about 10 yard farther and I saw a big white belly. I told Tanya come get your buck. She was almost in tears as we hugged and kissed. She walked up to her buck and was smiling ear to ear. As I looked at that buck I couldn’t have been more proud, I have waited a long time to have someone in my life that enjoys this stuff as much as I do and what a blessing. She had harvested a great 8 pt buck. The buck has an inside spread of 16 inches. I inspected the shot and it couldn’t have been better. The shot clipped the top of the heart and destroyed the lungs. The buck only went about 60 yards before he crashed. Tanya made a great shot with her Flanagan Recurve 44lbs@26”. After Creig arrived and congratulated Tanya, we got the buck cleaned up and the pictures began. I am so thankful I got to experience another first for Tanya in her hunting career. Sorry for the long read but nothing in my hunting career has meant as much as her getting her buck.
    Attached Files

good job Tanya !!

Comment

O HECK YA!!! Great job and well past the ears. That's a better buck then I ever shot. Tell her great job!

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That is awesome!!! Congrats to your wife!!!

Comment

well done for her.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Great story and Text. Felt like I was there!

Congratulations to you both!!!!!

Comment

Gene & Tanya Congrats!

Comment

Thank you so much for the story! Loved the txts as well. I hope and pray that I can get my wife into archery and hunting in the next couple of years when the babies get a little older. Congrats to you both!

Comment

Great looking deer, Congratulations!

Comment

Nice deer way to go Tanya. A TBOT story for sure..

Comment

Congrats Tanya!!!! Great story and deer! Gene, you are one lucky dude!!

Comment

Congrats. She sure has set the bar high for you Gene.

Comment

Working...
                              X