Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tacubaya Ranch

Anyone hunted hogs or Javelina here?

Going in Feb. I have heard good things. Use the search function and look at reviews. Most are very good.

Comment

I was there 2 years ago. Was loaded with javelina. Didn't see a hog though. Was a good a hunt.

Comment

I hunted Javelinas there not too long ago. I wrote up the review here

I'm not sure if they have as many hogs as they do javelinas. The ranch manager said he had reduce the hog population since they were over running things.

Had a good time overall and you'll see A LOT of wild life. One sitting I saw a bob cat, coyote (in the distance), javelinas, roadrunner, and a doe.

Comment

Turkey everywhere to

Comment

I have a hunt booked at this ranch for the end of March. I've read good reviews and am excited to go, but I was curious to ask here if they had any rabbits or anything like that to shoot at besides the javis. Thanks

Comment

I only saw 1 rabbit in 4 days!

Comment

Falcon, thanks for the response. Hopefully we can get on some javis and connect. Did you hunt over feeders or corned roads? We are hoping to spot and stalk

Comment

Three of us were there this weekend. It was a lot of fun. Good value, but pretty tough hinting. They seemed to be pressured quite a bit. Id bet 90 percent of there huntsers are rifle, making the javi pretty skittish. Tony the guide is great. He was super accomadating. The ranch house is nice. It has three bedrooms each with their own bathroom and shower, a nice kitchen, and great a/c and heat. Lots of room in backyard for target shooting.

Here is my suggestion, strictly nased off of our trip.... Hunt at a feeder. We only had one shot opportunity between three of us, and he killed his at a feeder. We attempted many stalks, the closest any of us got was 40 yards. They are much more spooky than other places i have hunted.

As far as other game, lots of rabbits, and the coons have been hitting feeders according to tony. Good luck on your trip. Tacubaya is a great value hunt. Youll see game, getting a shot maybe maybe not. Againnot trying to discourage spot and stalk, but i think your % of sucess would be exponentially higher hunting a well established feeding area in brushblind or tripod if you have one. I would go back it was a fun trip.

Comment

I just returned from a weekend hunt with N.DaWoods at the ranch. It was tough Hunting but i did have shot oppurtunities the two sits that i did hunt. I guess that means that I am a better hunter than N.DaWoods. HaHa
                    He is right about the animals being restless but if you take your time it is possible to get a shot. I did miss one the first night with my longbow and opted to take the compound the next morning and was able to connect on my first Javi. Tony is a great guy and will do what he can to help you, it was a very affordable hunt and I had a great time. Here is a picture of me and my Javi.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I had the opportunity to javelina hunt the Tacubaya ranch over the weekend with my dad a few friends. The ranch house was amazing, very clean and fully furnished with 3 bedrooms-each having their own bathrooms. We got there late friday night and met up with Tony. He is a great guy and will do whatever he can to get you shots.

The brush is very thick in the spots my dad and I bow hunted. We did get chances saturday with spot and stalk but the brush was too thick for us to get a shot with trad gear. Sunday i broke down a rifle hunted and was able to kill one. We all had shots at animals and will be going back.

I reccomend sitting over a feeder if youre trying to bow hunt, there shouldnt be any problem harvesting one with a bow. Tony is a great guy and has an awesome operation going. We will be back!

Overall 5 out of 5 stars!

Comment

I was one of the group members that went this past weekend and I can't say enough good things about the ranch and Tony. Wildlife was everywhere I was at different stands each time out and saw animals at each place. Deer, Javelina, bobcat, rabbits, and plenty of roadrunners, dove, and other birds. I bowhunted each spot and had the opportunity but was just a little high on my shot. My FIL took a javelina and he couldn't of been happier. We are already planning on going back this December and can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                        X