JPbruni Update - I'm Still Alive! Your Prayers Are Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPbruni Update - I'm Still Alive! Your Prayers Are Working

It's been pretty crazy the last couple of weeks! As most of you know when I came back from M.D. Anderson, I was in bad shape and they put me on Hospice. I honestly thought I had a couple of weeks to go. They had me on about 15 different pills and I was basically drugged out. I'm actually having some issues with memory from that time period. People came to visit me and I won't remember until they or my wife tells me!

I also had blood clots in both my legs and some serious nausea/vomiting issues. I lost my sense of taste and was only eating Popsicles and Jell-O and I lost a lot of weight. Well, my wife and I decided to stop taking almost ALL of the meds and I had had nothing but what I will label as a miraculous turnaround! They also started me on Coumadin for thinning my blood. I take it and 2 other pills and that's it. All of the sudden my legs started working again and I'm out of the wheelchair! Have not used it in a couple of weeks,

My mind cleared up and I am basically back to normal with speaking and memory as well. I got my taste buds back and now I'm eating full meals again and gaining back some weight. It's like I've done a complete 180!

I've got more energy and I can get around! Last Sunday I ventured out to Tractor Supply. It was the first time I had been out of the driveway in a long, long time and it felt GREAT to get out! I also had a BEER! It was an ice cold Heineken and it tasted absolutely incredible!

This has been such a blessing as I have been able to get sooo much stuff accomplished. My will is in order and we have done a lot of things in cleaning and fixing up the house. I really feel that I am leaving my wife and 2 boys in great shape. All of this is because I have been given this extra time and energy. I made a self-imposed goal as well. I AM going to take the boat out (with the help of two friends) on Lake Austin and catch the biggest bass I've ever caught! I've caught one just shy of 8 lbs so it's pretty realistic. They are pulling lots of ten pounders right now. It's the perfect time of the year and that lake is on fire right now.

Anyway...I'm still here! The cancer is still spreading all over my body right now, but I'm dealing with that. Right now I need to get the most out of every single day and I'm doing my best to do just that. I just saw what happened with getting Jeff Young his bed and I continue to be totally blown away by the generosity from this incredible place! It took less than 48 hours! Amazing!

I so appreciate all of your prayers, love and continued support. You will never know how much this means to me and my incredible wife (who should be up for Sainthood!). Thank You so much.

J.P.

Glad to hear this. The drug way is no way to do it. My FiL decided against it and lived a lot longer than they thought he would. The night before he passd away, he ate at his favorite Mexican food place, drank several beers and had a great time. If a man has to go then that is the way. Good luck to you and I'll keep praying for you.

Comment

Great news! Your outlook on the situation has truly inspired me. Continued prayers sent from me my friend!!!! Praise The Lord

Comment

Best news I've heard all week! Your a very inspiring man J.P.! God bless you and continued prayers

Comment

Thanks for the update J.P. You sir are an inspiration and I'm blown away by your attitude. God Bless! May his peace and mercy comfort you.

Comment

JP I have one thought going through my head while reading this..."get busy living or get busy dying". Brother you're doing this right.

Think about you daily and pray that you're blessed with peace. You're right the prayers are working.

God Bless you my brother! Keep living!!!

Comment

Been thinking about you and praying for you daily my friend. My God is an Awesome God!

Comment

That's inspiring to say the least. Enjoy every minute and don't forget to take us along. I don't know ya, but we sure care about ya and hope for nothing but the best in the days ahead, with your friends and family. Prayers for ya again tonight!! And tomorrow and the next day. As many as you need bud.

Comment

I send up prayers for you every day JP!

Bisch

Comment

Continued prayers for you, your family and catching "Walter" on lake austin. Let me know when you go and or if you need any help (I've got a big center console I use for the local lakes)....

G.

Comment

Glad you're being given a second wind. God is great and enjoy the time and friends you have!

Comment

Prayers up. Keep fighting.

Comment

Good to hear man, it blows my mind how well you have handled this.

Will definitely say some prayers for you!

Comment

Great to hear from you JP. Continued prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Continuing to pray. Very inspirational.

Comment

Working...
                              X