Shooting Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting Video

Has anyone watched "Setting Up Recurves & Longbows & Shooting Instinctively / Arrow Making featuring" by Paul Brunner? Is it worth getting for someone like me that is a beginner? Thanks, Russell

I haven't seen or heard of that video. If you get it, let us know how it is.

Either way, the Trad 3D season will be starting up in a couple months. I went to my first trad 3D event as a rank beginner a few years ago and learned a whole lot from the folks I met.

Comment

I have not seen the video, but by all accounts and the times I have talked with him, Paul is a stand up guy. Give us a review if you get the video.

Comment

I've seen it, and probably have it here somewhere.
        It's the basic how to set up a bow and he and his wife do some shooting. He says she has better form than he does.
        The arrow making video showed me, it's more work than I care to do right now.

Comment

I appreciate the responses. Is there any other video or a good book to read?

Comment

Originally posted by Tschoerner View Post
            I appreciate the responses. Is there any other video or a good book to read?
            The masters of the barebow series is very good

Comment

Yep, I have the videos you speak of, and enjoyed watching them. Of course it doesn't take much to entertain me so I've been told!lol For the time period they were made, I think they are pretty good.

Comment

I look foward to hearing your reveiw of the video.

Comment

A great book for beginners and even intermediate shooters alike is "Shooting the Stickbow," by Anthony Camera. 3Riversarchery.com and Amazon.com should have it for about $20 or so.

The Masters of the Barebow DVD series (Vols 1-4) are really good, too.

Comment

I learned my basics when I was just starting by reading "Instinctive Shooting" by G. Fred Asbell. It helped me ALOT. He has a website and still sells the books and now a dvd.

Eric...

Comment

Shooting Video - Review

I was finally able to watch the video last night and I did enjoy it even though it was fairly short. It went over setting up the bow from putting on the string, setting your brace height and setting your nock. It also went over instinctive shooting with him and his wife. The second part of the video was about arrow making which included gluing points/nocks, cresting arrows and splicing feathers for the multicolored look. I do agree with Sticbow about the time and work that goes into finishing the arrows the way they did on this video.

Comment

Working...
                      X