No announcement yet.

Hog #2 with a spear...better video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swords, Axes, Machetes and The Coolest Knives For Sale From The Leader in Tactical Weapons and Gear

This is the spear Ive had my eye on. They have a few others but thats the one I like.

Do you know if you can spear a Javelina?

Comment

awsome

Comment

Originally posted by ofishil View Post
        http://www.coldsteel.com/samburuspear.html

This is the spear Ive had my eye on. They have a few others but thats the one I like.

Do you know if you can spear a Javelina?
        I dont know much about commercial spears. But I do know that mine weighs about 6 lbs where theirs weighs 2.5 lbs. But someone makes alot of money off of them so I guess they work. My next one will have a smaller head on it like that one.

Now about spearing javelina, I guess you could spear anything that would get close enough. But legaly they are native animals and the rules change with with them so just figure out the legality and have fun.

Comment

That is absolutely BA.

Comment

You can not spear a javelina. They are a game species and a spear is not legal hunting means.

What did you make the head out of? I'm assuming just mild steel. I don't know what kind of tools you have access to, but you can make one much better out of a large circular saw blade. On constructions sites you can get them out of the dumpster. They have really big ones for cutting concrete. Cut the head to shape with whatever you have. Grind the edge bevels within a couple thousandths of a finished edge. Heat ONLY THE EDGES with a torch until they are cherry red. Immediately quench in transmission fluid or other oil. Let cool. Finish sharpening.

Comment

Hard core... I made a spear head but have never used it...

Comment

i forgot to mention that it is super cool that you got a pig with a spear. It's on my to-do list but im hoping to just thrust it instead of throwing it.

Comment

sweet

Comment

That's pretty darn cool.

Comment

outstanding

Comment

Very nice

Comment

That was awesome man congrats! Did you actually hit the one you were aiming at....come on be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                            That was awesome man congrats! Did you actually hit the one you were aiming at....come on be honest!
                            Yes I hit the one I was aiming at that was the only one that didn't have 40 pounders in front of it. I practice every day at various distances and at that distance (about 6 yds) I'm a decent shot.

Comment

Hands down one of the coolest videos I've ever seen.

Comment

Wow!!!!!! Very cool

Comment

Working...
                                X